Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question About About Lifting XJ

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Question About About Lifting XJ

I have a XJ Laredo. It currently has a 3.5 inch lift and I am wanting to upgrade the lift. I just purchased the XJ and don't know what the lift is on the vehicle. I am wanting to upgrade to a 4.5inch Long Arm lift. I know that Rough Country makes a lift for it and that's in my Price Range. http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-xj-...kit-laxj4.html
Problem is Ive heard that the Rough Country is below average and isn't the greatest lift out there. What other lifts are out there that you recommend. I'm just getting in the off roading scene and not wanting to waste my money in some crap lift but also don't need the greatest one out there. Any help would help.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:13 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0l

That kit sucks, if a kit is cheaper than every other kit there is usually a reason for it and usually it's not a good one. You should go full leafs not add a leaf, if that is your price range you should probably save money until you can do it right or buy parts as you can afford them. Don't forget that you still might need a SYE, driveshaft, and misc **** that always seems to pop up.

What are you going to use the XJ for? what type of terrain? Take a few pics of the kit it has now who knows it might be a good kit that will hold you over until you can save some money.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:18 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

If you actually plan on wheeling your rig, you will not buy rough country. Spend the money on quality parts and cry once.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What company would you then recommend for a lift. I manly wanna do some trail riding. Currently I'm doing some deep snow riding so I want something that can also do that.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:38 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Cheapest i trust is rustys and zone.Middle ground rubicon express top of the budget clayton and tnt custom.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:15 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0

Rusty's Long Arm kits. You can call and talk to Rusty himself, and his employees are pretty knowledgeable.