Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pilot Remote Control Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Rebuilt 4.0L HO I6
Default Pilot Remote Control Fog Lights

Has anyone had any trouble with these fog lights:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PILOT-REMOTE...683#vi-content

The PO I bought my jeep from had installed them, but told me he never got them working (he also said he didn't troubleshoot for very long). I figured it was most likely a short somewhere or a bad ground, but I looked over all the wiring and everything looks good. The fuse isn't blown and all the connections are solid. When I push the on/off buttons on the remote, the receiver makes a "click" noise, but no lights. I even took the lights apart to see if I needed to solder anything internally, and they were both perfect inside.

Any ideas? They seem like cheapo lights anyway so are they even worth the trouble?
Old 03-24-2013, 06:41 PM

Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0L I6

Did you try to just directly wire power to the bulb? Start with the bulbs, then work your way back to the remote in order to trouble shoot. I would imagine the problem most likely being the hokey remote control system, but who knows? You are sure the grounds are attached to a good ground?
Old 03-24-2013, 07:23 PM

Year: 1993
Engine: Rebuilt 4.0L HO I6

Originally Posted by EvstaG
Did you try to just directly wire power to the bulb? Start with the bulbs, then work your way back to the remote in order to trouble shoot. I would imagine the problem most likely being the hokey remote control system, but who knows? You are sure the grounds are attached to a good ground?
Yes, the bulbs are fine and work perfect when wired directly to power. The grounds are all good also, as far as I can tell. I'm planning on working backwards just like you described once I get my tester light from work. You're probably right about the problem being the remote control system. That's mostly why I posted, hoping someone had a similar problem with the same system. Like I said, seems pretty cheap. haha

Thanks for the response, man!