Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opposite drop Transfer Case

Old 06-18-2018, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default Opposite drop Transfer Case

Hey everybody, I'm a NEWB to the jeep world. I have a 99 4x4 xj with 4.0, auto,np231. It currently has the stock drivetrain with exception of a slip yoke eliminator and welded spiders in the rear diff. 3" lift was installed by previous owner. It's a trail only rig for me, I'm running 35's now which I feel is probably on the limit of what the 8.25 and dana 30 can handle, especially in stock form. I'm a career mechanic and have had squarebody chevy's my whole life that I still work on.

My question is, does anybody know if there is a passenger drop transfer case that I can swap in place of the stock 231 without modifying the transmission and adapter? I have a feeling these axles aren't going to last long and I have several sets of 1 ton axles from my chevy's. Locatiing a transfer case is a far more feasible option for me than finding a driver drop front axle. I only want to axle swap once when these break so I'm pretty set on 1 ton swap.

Any help would be awesome, I've been searching and searching but can't find any answer.