Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New lift questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default New lift questions

I have a 93 XJ and it has 250k miles on it and I'm putting in a 3 inch zone aal lift soon. I'm wondering what else I should do while I'm at it? My lift does not include new trac bar or sway bar. I'm wondering what stuff I should look at for replacing. Like trac bar bushing, sway bar bushings, ball joints, and tie rods. It rides fine now but what and how should I check to see if I need to replace any of those things?
Old 04-25-2014, 11:34 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6 4.0

You need to consider the possibility of a Slip-Yoke eliminator. It's not a guaranteed thing, but if you get vibrations after the lift you'll need a Slip Yoke eliminator and new rear driveshaft. As for the track bar, you either want to get a new adjustable one, or a drop bracket for your current one to keep your axle lined up correctly. At 3 inches you don't NEED new lower control arms but it is definitely a worth while upgrade that you should consider. You don't need to worry much about bushings necessarily. If it's not broken don't fix it. Make sure you do your research and plan accordingly for anything that can go wrong, and any complications that may occur during/after the lift.