Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Need some suggestions

Last year I picked up at 2001 XJ on the cheap. As per the usual, the rear springs are inverting. Out of chance I scored some new , supposed, dorman replacements for free. Well, these turned out to be crown upcountry replacements. So I figured why not go ahead and do a small lift, staying in the 2" - 2.5" range. Then, I scored some HD Engineering relocation brackets for $90 and already powder coated. Too good to pass up! Well tonight I picked up a set of JK Rubicon shocks with 200 miles on them for $50.
So my question is what would be a good shackle to run that would allow for a good shackle angle while staying around 2.5" total lift? Also suggestions for front springs. (No aftermarket bumper or winch).
Old 10-23-2016, 09:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0

Assuming they're not no lift style SRBs your probably going to want to stick with a 1" or less lift shackle, the SRBs add about 1" plus the leaves and if you set the angle at 45 degrees I'd guess 2" of lift. I have IRO 2.5" lift AALs plus HDO bolt in SRBs and 1.5" Rubicon express boomerang shackles, if I had to guess it's about 4-4.5" of lift in the rear.