Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need More Advice on Lifting and on Building!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default Need More Advice on Lifting and on Building!

So I just picked up my 01 white cherokee sport as my first car! It has 95000 miles on it and broke my bank! The jeep was driven by a school teacher and it was never offroaded and always garaged and cleaned! The first thing i want to do is lift and make it have sick stance it I searched all over the Cherokee Forum and couldn't any questions like this one. I need to know if my stock leaves are in good condition would the RE 3.5" lift with aal be suitable for a daily driver and moderate offroading? like im talking nothing to serious and can't afford to screw this thing up right away. Also i saw the tuff country 3.5" lift with EZ ride with rear blocks.

If you have any suggestion or comments on these lifts or any other lifts let me know they will be greatly appreciated! Also please remember I'm not trying to go crazy offroad and its tough for me to make $ in football season, so i can't be looking at crazy expensive lifts.

Thank you so much to anyone who helps me out on this thread!
Old 10-29-2011, 09:20 AM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

Around here "blocks" and "add a leaf" are bad words. I'm suprised they are not asterisked.

The addition of coil spring spacers are ok until you get around the 3" area. Anything higher than that and you will need longer lower control arms to fix your alignment or your going to go through a lot of front tires.
I personally would get a new leaf pack for the rear. Or you could do a bastard pack (search budget lift) lift using springs from the S10 or blazers. I did one and except for a rougher ride was happy with it.

Welcome to CF
Old 10-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0 H.O.

Look into Rusty's equipment. I have the 3" with full leaf packs and I LOVE IT. I had a 3" with AAL's from Rough Country and I was told I would be dissapointed after a few months due to the AAL's poor rear stance....I was. Go with rustys especially because they are very competitive with their pricing. Good Luck!!

PS, if your gonna talk about your new rig and how great it is you HAVE to show it off with some PICS!!!