Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My recent purchase with Nates 4x4..

Old 01-21-2013, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 93
Model: Cherokee
Engine: inline 6
Default My recent purchase with Nates 4x4..

Hello Cherokee forum users, I thought that I should share my recent purchase of a roof rack with Nates 4x4. Let me say now that the rack is AMAZING and quality built, but there were MANY headaches along with the purchase. Below are the pros and cons of the purchase. I hope this helps for some of you looking to buy from Nate.

Pros:

Amazing quality
Great welds
Looks are amazing
Only 80 lbs
Heavy duty
Good customer service (before purchase)
Worth the price!

Cons:

Took 4 weeks to get to my doorstep
Picture on website is misleading
Only came with 4 gutter mount supports (picture on website shows 6)
Emailed Nate about the 2 missing mounts 2 weeks ago (still waiting on a reply)
No mounting instructions
No reply's from Nate after charge on credit card
After purchase no customer service

All and all the purchase was a good one for me. I would recommend it to a friend for purchase, but just know that there WILL be a lot of headache along with getting it. I will upload some pictures of the rack so you all can see what it looks like. I'm not trying to bash Nate at all. I'm just giving you a heads up and a review on his product/customer service.

Thanks, Jordan
Old 01-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

I don't want to sound rude here, but have you tried calling them? Email can easily be overlooked but a phone call usually does not.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1993

Companies with email addresses posted on their website should be able and ready to respond to email's sent to them at the very least on the same day.

If they can't do that then take the email address down from the site.

Another peeve of mine.

Also, why is this review in this forum?

I've not heard many bad things about Nates in a long time.

Last edited by Lowrange2; 01-31-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1999

I agree with you that they should answer there emails but I have dealt with many small companies like Nate 4x4 and most of them neglect the email system. I have found that if you want answers quick a phone call never fails.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:46 PM

Year: 1997

yeah ive dealt with nate a couple of times, best way to get a hold of him is by phone. he runs a 1 man shop and stays busy. in the description it says that it only comes with 4 mounts but more are optional... i have had his rack for a little over a year no major issues.

the only issue i had was bad bad noise. i put my spare tire all the way toward the front and the metal vibrations stopped.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 93CherokeeMoBBer
Hello Cherokee forum users, I thought that I should share my recent purchase of a roof rack with Nates 4x4. Let me say now that the rack is AMAZING and quality built, but there were MANY headaches along with the purchase. Below are the pros and cons of the purchase. I hope this helps for some of you looking to buy from Nate.

Pros:

Amazing quality
Great welds
Looks are amazing
Only 80 lbs
Heavy duty
Good customer service (before purchase)
Worth the price!

Cons:

Took 4 weeks to get to my doorstep
Picture on website is misleading
Only came with 4 gutter mount supports (picture on website shows 6)
Emailed Nate about the 2 missing mounts 2 weeks ago (still waiting on a reply)
No mounting instructions
No reply's from Nate after charge on credit card
After purchase no customer service

All and all the purchase was a good one for me. I would recommend it to a friend for purchase, but just know that there WILL be a lot of headache along with getting it. I will upload some pictures of the rack so you all can see what it looks like. I'm not trying to bash Nate at all. I'm just giving you a heads up and a review on his product/customer service.

Thanks, Jordan
I feel the need to chime in here. Original order date was 12/22, ship date was 1/8, and delivery date was 1/12, three weeks on the dot. When originally ordered we stated it would ship "Just after the New Year" We did take off Christmas Day and New Years day, but were working the Eve of both. We had exactly 10 business days assembly during a hectic holiday schedule and Christmas rush.

The pictures on our website represent a variety of configurations for all our products. The listing does say that the rack comes with four mounting brackets.

I did a quick search for your email address and found the following:

Wed Dec 26 11:51pm - You asked for order status update
Thur Dec 27 3:54pm - I replied with an update, "Will ship just after the new year"
Thur Dec 27 7:30pm - You thanked me for the update. I did not reply.
Sat Dec 29 1:07pm - You asked for an update and expedited shipping if possible. You asked for it in time for New Years.
Mon Dec 31 2:38pm - You sent a second email asking for status update.
Mon Dec 31 3:19pm - I replied there was no possible way for delivery before New Years.
Mon Dec 31 3:49pm - You thanked me for the "quick reply". I did not respond.
Tue Jan 1 7:38pm - You sent an email asking about our bumpers.
Wed Jan 2 2:27pm - I replied.
Wed Jan 2 5:59pm - You thanked me for the information. I did not respond.
Fri Jan 4 3:08pm - You asked for tracking information (this was the original anticipated ship day)
Sat Jan 5 5:20am - You repeated your request for tracking information.
Mon Jan 7 10:07am - I replied that we were almost finished and were waiting on a small amount of backordered tubing. I said I would send a tracking number as soon as it shipped.
Mon Jan 7 1:55pm - You thanked me for my response. I did not reply to this.
Tue Jan 8 Time unknown - Automated email was sent out containing tracking information. I did not receive a reply to this. Actual Ship Day was two business days after estimated ship day.
Sat Jan 12 8:06pm - You sent an email requesting help with installation.
Sat Jan 12 8:36pm - You sent me an email to disregard your previous message, you had figured it out. I did not reply to either.
Sun Jan 13 11:20pm - One week ago, not two. Check the tracking number, two weeks ago would have been January 7th, before the bumper even shipped. You sent an email that the rack was missing two brackets; you only received four.
Mon Jan 14 3:09pm - I replied that the rack comes standard with four; additional are available for sale on the website, provided link. I did not receive a reply to this.

I also replied to the following thread on this forum promising a shipment the next day, which I did honor:
https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f59/or...ks-ago-158693/

There were no incoming or outgoing calls during this time to the phone number that was provided to us. I can't say for sure whether there was any phone contact at all during this time or not, I don't remember and the phone number is not in my call log.

Also - The ship weight was 65 Lbs. You might be going by the information Fedex provided with the tracking number which is 82.8 Lbs. This is an inflated number due to the way they calculate their billing. Being an oversized package, it had a higher "billable weight"

Not trying to rip on you here Jordan. But I have no idea what you mean by "No Customer Service" and "A lot of headache" as every email was answered, except the emails you sent just thanking me for a reply. We've received some deserved negative feedback in the past, but since our customer service initiative in late '09 we have been right on top of things. This is a complete misrepresentation of facts.

-Nate
www.nates4x4.com
989-708-9482
Old 01-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Banned

I also encourage you to go back and read your other thread, in which you commended our "Great Customer Service" and also mentioned you had been emailing back and forth with us:

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f59/or...ks-ago-158693/

I'm really not trying to rip on you, but considering our massive three-year effort in customer service and summary of email correspondence above, the negative marks seem completely undeserved.

-Nate
www.nates4x4.com
989-708-9482
Old 01-22-2013, 04:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1996

and BOOM goes the dynamite. Nates4X4 is awesome i'll be ordering my rear bumper from him soon since I won my 100 Gift Certificate
Old 01-22-2013, 04:40 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000

OP just got
Old 01-22-2013, 05:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Engine: 4.0 HO Straight Six

Old 01-22-2013, 06:03 PM

OP joined last week, what do you expect?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1994

Sometimes in the retail business you can do everything possible to make a customer happy and go out of your way and they will still never be satisfied. Ive had nothing but excellent customer service from nates, with great product quality and customer support.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:02 PM

After reading this I have concluded I will be ordering a rack from Nate.

This thread provides lolz.

Reminds me of the forum where a kid got arrested for street racing, ranted about it on some local car forum, only to have the arresting officer respond with the actual story. Lol.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:22 PM

Engine: I6

Not pawned, OWNED.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Seasoned Member

now THATS whats up!

proofs in the pudding...

I aint mad at you Nat!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My recent purchase with Nates 4x4..