Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 09:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Straight 6 4.0
Default Lights

Okay another question from the newbie at this, I finally got my jeep where I want it so I started buying lights just to screw with people on the road ( and yes Ik it's illegal ) anyways I have a light bar, two pod lights, trucklite headlights and auxiliary reverse lights that are pod lights for help in reverse. Now to the question; do you think I should get a charged alternator ( not sure how to spell it ) for all those or just leave it. Thanks for the help
Old 06-02-2017, 10:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by 99X-J
Okay another question from the newbie at this, I finally got my jeep where I want it so I started buying lights just to screw with people on the road ( and yes Ik it's illegal ) anyways I have a light bar, two pod lights, trucklite headlights and auxiliary reverse lights that are pod lights for help in reverse. Now to the question; do you think I should get a charged alternator ( not sure how to spell it ) for all those or just leave it. Thanks for the help
So, are you serious about this part? Not too sure ha
Old 06-03-2017, 10:53 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: Golen 4.6L

I finally got my jeep where I want it so I started buying lights just to screw with people on the road ( and yes Ik it's illegal )
That's not funny. Grow the **** up. You're the reason the rest of us get hassled by cops and judged by other drivers just based on what we drive.

As much as I'd love to answer your actual question, you deserve to be ignored just for this.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:43 AM

If you don't want to answer my question in a polite manner, don't post on this thread. I was actually looking for help bc I also do a lot of night trail rides, and I'm younger and still learning but thanks for being ignorant
Old 06-04-2017, 08:59 AM
CF Veteran

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0 L

If you don't want to answer my question in a polite manner, don't post on this thread. I was actually looking for help bc I also do a lot of night trail rides, and I'm younger and still learning but thanks for being ignorant
SMH...

When you said "I started buying lights just to screw with people on the road ( and yes Ik it's illegal )" was that supposed to imply "I am a young four wheeler trying to learn about modifying my vehicle and offroading in a respectable manor?"

Come here with immature an immature question, get immature answers. Check your ego. You are the only person here being ignorant in your original post.

No, you dont need the bigger alternator.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:10 AM

Thanks for all your input I really wanted to hear your opinions, even though I just wanted a simple question answered
Old 06-04-2017, 10:31 AM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by 99X-J;3394865[b
]If you don't want to answer my question in a polite manner, don't post on this thread. I was actually looking for help bc I also do a lot of night trail rides, and I'm younger and still learning but thanks for being ignorant
1st in bold: you post something that's really dumb and expect people to help you?
2nd: look who's talking

this thread is gonna get closed fast.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L

If youre goin trailin in water plan on replacing alternator. water will not be your friend with alternators. if its in your budget plan on getting a second battery located in the rear. DO NOT MOUNT BY RELOCATING AIR FILTER. good luck