Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leaf pack sagging!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Inline 6
Default leaf pack sagging!!!!

a couple of days ago ive noticed my rear leaf packs seem to be sagging(only on the drivers side about half an inch).had them installed for about 10 months. the lift is from RC a 4.5" short arm full packs. has anyone ever had problems with these make of leaf packs? now im not sure if its the packs or me making them sag. im afraid my massive body is making them sag! weigh about 310.. need help!! do i call RC or is my fata$$ going on a diet!!???
Old 12-11-2011, 08:17 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: l6 4.0, K&N FIPK & 62mm bored TB

Wouldn't the front sag first or are you in the habit of riding in the trunk? IMO Rough country is crap anyway. Get some heavy duty packs like Big Offroad or even RE. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me since so many here use RC. But I weigh a mere 148 & I wouldn't even think of using them. Anyway, it's quite possible ( and probable) that they have sagged prematurely. My Claytons sagged after a single trip, but my entire XJ is pretty heavy at 4800+ lbs. I suggest you get some better leafs.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Seasoned Member

well at the time when i was shopping around for my lift kit i had nowhere near as much money to spend on any of the higher end lift kits other than RC so that's why i simply bought it because it fit my budget. its funny because my front end is still at the same height as i installed it. and right now new packs are just not possible for me (money is real tight now) i might just have to suck it up and ride it until i can figure something out.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:57 PM

Contact RC and see what they have to say. If the kit is only 10 months old and it's only the rear driver's side it sounds like a faulty spring. You never know they may work with you. The worst that can happen is they can say it's your fault and you need to buy a new spring.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine looks like one side is sagging depending on how I park. If it is only half an inch............
Old 02-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Seasoned Member

i guess i will try and contact RC. i do believe i installed the kit less than 10 months ago. my memory is really bad
Old 02-13-2012, 10:30 PM

really a rough country leaf spring sagging after 10 months? wow wouldnt expect that. thought they were a great suspension company?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:31 PM

really a rough country leaf spring sagging after 10 months? wow wouldnt expect that. thought they were a great suspension company?

that sucks!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:33 PM
CF Veteran

If any mods can change xjbeadlock's title to "RCsucksass" that would be great.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by mr white
If any mods can change xjbeadlock's title to "RCsucksass" that would be great.
what are you talking about. I'm truly amazed that a rough country product is sagging since you say they are the best out there. now you are even saying your leafs are starting to sag........
Old 02-13-2012, 10:59 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by xjbeadlocks
what are you talking about. I'm truly amazed that a rough country product is sagging since you say they are the best out there. now you are even saying your leafs are starting to sag........
I never said they were the best. When did I say that? Mine isn't sagging, it LOOKS like it is sagging depending on how it is parked, like if it is parked on an uneven surface.
I know they aren't even close to the best, but they aren't the doom and gloom that you are preaching. I'm just trying to get that across to people. Not everyone WANTS to spend a bunch of money on a lift. Every ****in thread you post in it's just "RC sucks, they are cheap for a reason". If they were REALLY that ****ty, they would make zero money and go out of business because they were warrantying EVERYTHING they sold. It even appears that the FIXED the bushing issues people were having by SWITCHING BUSHING BRANDS.
Pics of old bushings in this thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/p...shings-755689/

The new bushings look much different and I am hoping they will last so you'll go out of business.

Here's a link about their new bushings and even their new flex joints!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ro...hings-1248717/

Last edited by mr white; 02-13-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by mr white
I never said they were the best. When did I say that? Mine isn't sagging, it LOOKS like it is sagging depending on how it is parked, like if it is parked on an uneven surface.
I know they aren't even close to the best, but they aren't the doom and gloom that you are preaching. I'm just trying to get that across to people. Not everyone WANTS to spend a bunch of money on a lift. Every ****in thread you post in it's just "RC sucks, they are cheap for a reason". If they were REALLY that ****ty, they would make zero money and go out of business because they were warrantying EVERYTHING they sold. It even appears that the FIXED the bushing issues people were having by SWITCHING BUSHING BRANDS.
Pics of old bushings in this thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/p...shings-755689/

The new bushings look much different and I am hoping they will last so you'll go out of business.

Here's a link about their new bushings and even their new flex joints!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ro...hings-1248717/
wow you are a rough country jock sniffer. sorry but RC has tried 2 different bushings and joints. the clevit bushing seems to work a little better but their flex joint is still ****. you posted that site and they are recommending buying new johnny joints instead of running the crappy RC flex joint. now thats funny.

and theres a post in that thread were hes blown up every bushing and joint in 8K miles. again another funny

doom and gloom? no i dont think a Rough country product will kill anyone. at least hope not. who wants to spend $1500 on a long arm lift and in 8K miles the joints are all shot?

again I give RC with the warranty they have. but who wants to continue replacing parts constantly.

Mr.White you are hilarious! Keep up the good work
Old 02-13-2012, 11:44 PM
CF Veteran

Did you even read the thread?
"I'm really liking these lower arms quite a lot now. Just got in, 3 days of trails in Moab my happy place! The control arms worked awesome, no worries no noises no clunks squeaks pops or bangs, no shiny metal and no visible problems at all, next weekend I'll be dropping the flex joints out to check the tightness of the retaining plates and have a much closer look at them. I did give them one pump on the grease gun sunday night, but didnt have to, it was more a had the gun in hand and they have zerks so. Saturday we ran Poison Spider Mesa with no bypasses and gave them a serious workout and put them to a hell of a test, Sunday was an easy day running 7 Mile Rim, then Monday we ran Metal Masher and did bypass Rock Chucker and Widow Maker (having open diffs) but didnt bypass Mirror Gulch or Mother-in-law hill. Thanks Rough Country for the new designs they were awesome!!! I know now I will be doing the uppers as well. A very good product at a great price and very well designed and very durable."
That's a post in that thread.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:47 PM

and this was a post in that thread.

"I have a RC kit that Ive been running for a year. Every single bushing is shot. Trackbar, upper and lower control arms, leafs... All of them. I drove 8k miles. Time for long arms and they aren't coming from RC! I also recommend energy suspension as that is what I'm doing in the rear."

and heres one in the same thread telling you to get rid of the joints and spend another $200 on a quality joint.

"Get some Johnny Joints. They'll screw directly into RC control arms, and are far better quality. Well worth the 200 bucks...

http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/Product.aspx?id=1262
http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/Product569.aspx?id=2629"

Old 02-13-2012, 11:57 PM
CF Veteran

The second thread...
The first thread where that is posted is about the **** old joints and bushings...