Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iron rock offroad critical path long arms.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default iron rock offroad critical path long arms.

Ok so I'm about to build a somewhat streetable toy. I gonna long arm my cherokee and I think k I'm gonna use iron rocks kit. I have done lots of research and I have seen people seriously doubting the caster adjust on the upper Y of the 3 link. But it never seems to be any1 that actually owns the kit. Just options what I want is to hear from people who actually own this lo g arm kit. And if you have had any issues... it's goin on a 99 4 door 4.0.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 97
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by ThE_CaPtaIn
Ok so I'm about to build a somewhat streetable toy. I gonna long arm my cherokee and I think k I'm gonna use iron rocks kit. I have done lots of research and I have seen people seriously doubting the caster adjust on the upper Y of the 3 link. But it never seems to be any1 that actually owns the kit. Just options what I want is to hear from people who actually own this lo g arm kit. And if you have had any issues... it's goin on a 99 4 door 4.0.
You sir, just opened a can of ****. My buddy has their long arms and has had ZERO issues with his. He really doesn't wheel it hard either. He's got about 2 years or so with them on. I love IRO and have given them plenty of my hard earned cash but, I personally wouldn't use their long arms. There are much better options out there imo
Old 07-31-2014, 08:09 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 H.O

I'm running iro 5.5in critical path long arms. I haven't had any problems with mine works good rides good I wheel mine around 3 times a month and daily drive it. I would do the 1/2 bolt upgrade on the caster adjustment and flex joint for the upper mount on the dana 30.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:52 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

There is a TON of people up here in northern il that run iro long arms that wheel hard and love them. They are definitely on my list for future upgrades.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door
Engine: 4.0

OP you're just like every other guy looking at an IRO kit. "Only people who have ran the kit seriously guys."

I don't have to buy a dodge neon to know that it's not a reputable car. You can just read that it's not a good car in your research. Same with anything. I mean if you have to post up and ask us to convince you that IRO arms are ok, do you really want that for your jeep? I'd never talk someone into getting a dodge neon when for a couple dollars more you can have a proven reliable Honda. A lot of people get good use out of rough country gear too. I'm still not buying it for myself.

It doesn't matter what any of us say. This thread has been done a thousand times over and no good has ever come of it. It's like ground hogs day

Hit the google search

Last edited by Atmos; 07-31-2014 at 09:20 PM.