Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hydroulics - came to mind - NOT a lowrider

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6
Default hydroulics - came to mind - NOT a lowrider

anyone experienced with hydroulics on this fourm can maybe help me with this.
no, I AM NOT DOING A LOWRIDER. just to get that out of the way. imo it looks trashy. only the s-10 can really pull it off. totally different discussion though.

i was thinking about it and what would it take to make a cherokee a hydroulic car. im talking about basically quadralift from the new 2011 gc sense. being able to lower the ride height when parking for easier in and out and then for street highway raise it 3 or 4 inches (or more for those others interested in this too).
i dont do much offroading. some light terrain here and there. mudding too. but the question i wanted to ask also is would a hydroulic kit be able to hold up to regular off roading. like going on a ranch or something. im not talking about crawling or anything along that. foot of water here and there, mud, and some feilds.
any places that outline parts or all of this would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-21-2011, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Suppose I could chime in here. Competed in scca a bit and had a high dollar hydraulic strut and coilover spring setup (not on an Xj, heck no). This setup was wonderful on smooth pavement, elsewhere no adjustment to the valving would allow for a decent ride on the road. This being said, your best bet is to keep your system sprung using springs, not hydraulics. Seems many around here are fans of air bags seeing as how air is much more compressable and less likely to transmit shock. It may be possible to rig up suspension mounts with hydraulics, but all that is beyond me....

Joe