Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Pro-Jection problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Holley Pro-Jection problem

I am hoping someone on here has used one of these and can shed some light on my issue. It almost HAS to be a ground problem, but here's the scoop.
My 97 Cherokee has a Chevy 350 in it. I loathe the Holley carb on there which says a lot because I'm an old school guy. Anyway, I bought used Holley Pro-Jection system off Craigslist. Supposedly it worked fine when removed. I have everything connected and a NEW electric fuel pump. Factory Jeep unit in the tank. Wasn't getting power to the pump. Did some checking and discovered the fuel pump relay was not there. OK, weird, but I got a new one. Still no power. Well after some google time I deduced that since the original computer and stuff isn't there anymore, the fuel pump wasn't gonna run using factory wiring setup. No biggie, the Pro-Jection has a connection for the fuel pump anyway. So I check the Pro-Jection to be sure that I'm getting power at the plug. YES. I run new wires all the way and cut the factory harness and splice in. Getting power to the pump now, but still no fuel coming out. I'm thinking it has to be one of the ground connections. I ran a hot and ground direct from the battery to the pump and fuel shot out of the line like it's supposed to. The instructions I found online don't give much help on this problem. "Check electrical connections". Duh. Do I need to ground the pump itself and ground the wire coming from the Pro-Jection system or just run a ground wire from the battery back there for the ground?