Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Measurments and Specs For Rear Bumper Fab

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1988
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6
Default Help with Measurments and Specs For Rear Bumper Fab

Hi all there. Its been a while since I've been on here (had a rack of problems with my 7.3 diesel that's kept me busy for quite a while) but I'm hoping to get back to my XJ baby soon and get her beefed up for my brother to use.

I'm planning to start some designs for a rear bumper that has a bit of a wrap around towards the rear fenders so I have some footing to get up to a roof rack.
My problem is, my Jeep is in california and I'm at school in Montana so I can't get under it to get measurements.
Could anyone share their measurements they used for theirs? I don't mean designs, just specs like distance between mounting points, length of mounts, etc, so I know what I'm working with.
I've got an 88 xj with stock bumper currently and a hitch setup.

I tried to do some research but haven't found much yet. If y'all can help my I truly appreciate it! Although if I've created another forum clogging repeat post let me know and I get out of the way.

Thanks yall
Old 12-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L, brown dog mounts, spectre cowl intake, 10 series flowmaster

Name:  IMAG0470.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  89.1 KB

Mine's 65" wide. Not much over hang pretty much flush with the body. Used a piece of 5x2 rectangle tubing 3 /16 wall.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:06 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Originally Posted by justin92xj

Mine's 65" wide. Not much over hang pretty much flush with the body. Used a piece of 5x2 rectangle tubing 3 /16 wall.
Originally Posted by PsychoSMurf
I don't mean designs, just specs like distance between mounting points, length of mounts, etc, so I know what I'm working with.
I think he's looking for measurements for mounting holes, length of brackets for the mounts, and so on...don't have them off the top of my head though, overall dimensions will certainly help though. I would give you the dimensions from mine, but they probably won't help you much due to the fact you have a much older rig than mine...and I don't have them readily available, would have to go out and measure them anyhow...