Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Me Think of Anything I Might Have Forgotten

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 Inline 6 Cylinder
Default Help Me Think of Anything I Might Have Forgotten

Hive Mind,
I am planning on replacing the lift kit on my 1998 XJ 185k miles, with a new and better quality kit. When I purchased the XJ the PO installed at some point a 2" lift with spacers in front and an add a leaf in the back (I think). I owned a previous jeep that I purchased a list kit for and sold before I installed it. It is a 2" BDS kit with coils and add a leaf in the read. I also purchased new OEM rear leaf springs to have a complete new set up. I also plan on replacing the rear leaf bushings, as well as the control arm bushings. So I know I will needs a press for the uppers. As for the control arms, is there a company that makes a HD version of the control arms with polyurethane bushings that is not adjustable? If not having to pull the originals and just replace the bushings. I plan on trading out the steering components in a later project so I do not plan on dealing with those bushings yet. Also, thinking about changing out the bump stops as well. And last changing out the bushings on my front sway bar. My question is there anything I am forgetting? Anything to keep in mind? Anything I am off base one? Thanks guys!
Old 03-23-2016, 06:09 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

If you're only running a 2" lift all you'll NEED is springs. If you plan to do any wheeling I'd recommend shocks, LCAs, and longer brake hoses. A track bar is not needed at 2" of lift