Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Relocation Brackets + RC Shackles

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default HD Relocation Brackets + RC Shackles

I have RC Shackles and HD relocations (lift version) coming to me.
How much lift can I expect and what ride can I expect. Trying to fit 31s and avoiding add a leafs to maintain a good ride.
Advice?
Old 10-24-2016, 05:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Rokee99
I have RC Shackles and HD relocations (lift version) coming to me.
How much lift can I expect and what ride can I expect. Trying to fit 31s and avoiding add a leafs to maintain a good ride.
Advice?
May I ask why you went this route and not just your normal 3 inch lift kit? Seems like it wouldn't be all that much considering you'll probably need shocks. I woukd return the stuff you ordered and get a kit with coils and new leaf springs
Old 10-24-2016, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Martlor13
May I ask why you went this route and not just your normal 3 inch lift kit? Seems like it wouldn't be all that much considering you'll probably need shocks. I woukd return the stuff you ordered and get a kit with coils and new leaf springs
1. I had the budget boost already
2. i wanted the relocation brackets no matter what. dont want to go the add a leaf route because i want a good ride.
3. will probably do the jeep jk shocks as i have some already.
4. a full leaf kit is 500 bucks plus install.

The jeep is my daily and will only see the beach and the ranch no crazy offloading. I can go RC but really dont want a stiff ride as most get.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:29 PM
CF Veteran

1. I had the budget boost already
2. i wanted the relocation brackets no matter what. dont want to go the add a leaf route because i want a good ride.
3. will probably do the jeep jk shocks as i have some already.
4. a full leaf kit is 500 bucks plus install.

The jeep is my daily and will only see the beach and the ranch no crazy offloading. I can go RC but really dont want a stiff ride as most get.
I guess if you had some of the parts already. And lifting xjs is easy. You shouldn't have to pay someone to do it. Sorry for not answering your original question, I was just curious
Old 10-24-2016, 08:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997
Engine: I6 4.0L

Really hard to say for sure. We can make some good estimations, but at the end of the day we can't be for sure.

Do you have the RC shackles installed already? If so, are they vertical? What size lift shackles are they?

Also, if you have saggy stock leaf springs, they really should be replaced anyway. You can get stock replacements if you're not looking for much lift.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by TFitzPat87
Really hard to say for sure. We can make some good estimations, but at the end of the day we can't be for sure.

Do you have the RC shackles installed already? If so, are they vertical? What size lift shackles are they?

Also, if you have saggy stock leaf springs, they really should be replaced anyway. You can get stock replacements if you're not looking for much lift.
No sir. All stock.

Rear springs are not to bad not too good. Cherokee has 125k miles.
The shackles have 2 locations. 1.5 or 2 inch its the typical shackle of all cheap lifts
Old 10-24-2016, 10:25 PM
CF Veteran

No sir. All stock.

Rear springs are not to bad not too good. Cherokee has 125k miles.
The shackles have 2 locations. 1.5 or 2 inch its the typical shackle of all cheap lifts
I think it's going to ride rough with the combo of worn leafs and extended shackles.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1993

I think it's going to ride rough with the combo of worn leafs and extended shackles.
On the contrary his leafs are the relatively low spring rate stock ones compared to heavy duty lift springs, plus they have 125k on them so I imagine they're pretty close to flat, both of these combined with a longer 45* shackle will lead to a soft ride theoretically, probably not very stable or strong but doubt it will be too rough.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1993

I made some bastard pack leafs out of s10 leaf springs and then ZJ coils and 1" spacers in front. Spent less than $100 and rides great. Ended up being 3.5" in rear and 3" in front. With your shackle relocation and shackles, you'll probably get about 2" a 2.5" lift. I've heard that at least 3" is preferred to run 31s
Attached Thumbnails HD Relocation Brackets + RC Shackles-image-2490300318.jpg  

Last edited by 93XJeeper; 10-24-2016 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:36 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by kyle96xj
On the contrary his leafs are the relatively low spring rate stock ones compared to heavy duty lift springs, plus they have 125k on them so I imagine they're pretty close to flat, both of these combined with a longer 45* shackle will lead to a soft ride theoretically, probably not very stable or strong but doubt it will be too rough.
With my worn leafs and rc shackles 5 months ago it was rough as sh*t.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:13 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997
Engine: I6 4.0L

Yeah, I agree with kyle about the height. Probably about 2 to 3" depending on what hole you use on the shackle, and what angle you go with. Play around with it and see where you like it.

But again, you may want to look into doing a S10 bastard pack, or maybe even the up country replacement leafs. They're supposed to give 1" over the stock leafs.

This probably doesn't help at all, but I have 3.5" leafs, HD No Lift SRB's, and JKS shackles. I only gained about 3/4 to an inch over what I had previously. With proper shackle angle, you'll only get half the advertised lift. So a 2" lift shackle will net 1".
Old 10-25-2016, 08:23 AM

With my worn leafs and rc shackles 5 months ago it was rough as sh*t.
Probably because your shackle was straight up and down. I will have relocation brackets meaning my angle will be better and should technically ride better.

I bought the brackets new for 90 bucks shipped. I already have the budget boost and have some jk shocks I can use.

I can buy the rc or zone 3 inch with add a leaf but don't want a stiff ride as its my daily.

May just break down and get the RC since I can get it cheap. I just hate their shocks.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:02 AM
CF Veteran

Probably because your shackle was straight up and down. I will have relocation brackets meaning my angle will be better and should technically ride better.

I bought the brackets new for 90 bucks shipped. I already have the budget boost and have some jk shocks I can use.

I can buy the rc or zone 3 inch with add a leaf but don't want a stiff ride as its my daily.

May just break down and get the RC since I can get it cheap. I just hate their shocks.
I know alot better than to have it straight up and down my friend. It was 45 degrees or darn near close. I don't understand why it is an add a leaf your considering instead of full leaf packs. So what it costs a little more. You'll be alot happier by saving up just a bit more.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:57 AM

I know alot better than to have it straight up and down my friend. It was 45 degrees or darn near close. I don't understand why it is an add a leaf your considering instead of full leaf packs. So what it costs a little more. You'll be alot happier by saving up just a bit more.

So you had relocation brackets?
Old 10-25-2016, 11:27 AM
CF Veteran

So you had relocation brackets?
No they weren't needed. As soon as the weight was dropped on them, they went to 45 degrees on their own. My springs were near flat though. Every bump was felt because the springs didn't have it anymore to absorb some impact