Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front and rear bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Front and rear bumpers

Looking for a nice front and rear bumper was wondering if people would post some pics up. Was thinking about Hanson not sure.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:13 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: I6

nates 4x4 has good quality bumpers and you can buy as a package saving you money and shipping is free

http://www.nates4x4.com/
Old 03-15-2013, 05:19 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L

asking what bumper to buy is like asking a favorite color -
do a google or thread search for some picks.
you need to first decide what type of bumper and even then you will get more opinions.
ask your self do i want a full fledge front guard with lots of protection? do i need it to hold a winch? do i want it to have a stinger? do i want it light but have good recovery points? do i want to tuck and fold my quarter panels? etc? etc? etc?

i personally like the light and tucked in aproach because mine is a DD and i dont want any extra weight on the front or rear and i also want it tucked up tight for aproach and departure angles.
i went with C-rock rear because i could not justify cutting my quarters and the C-rock tucks up nice, has dual recovery points and a reciver - it also ties in not just on the back, but underneth (very important if you want to tow) and ties into the sides and the bumper is also a solid unit and not bolt together.
My front is the dirt bound nonwinch with dual d-ring tabs and reciver. i like it over a winch bumper for approach angle AND its light AND i didnt see the point and carrying the winch on the front since it will only be used a couple times a year
Attached Images