Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Control Arm Drop ?? Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Angry Control Arm Drop ?? Please Help

Ok so I bought this xj from a guy that put a 4.5 sus lift on it, but he used all components for a 6.5 lift... i.e. shocks, lower control arms, brake lines, etc... He gave me the two inch spacers for the coils, and it already has the adjustable shackles on the rear for the extra boost... Do I need to put control arm drops and a drop pitman arm on it before i do the other two inches? I'm really confused.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Inline 6

Originally Posted by Harris4627
Ok so I bought this xj from a guy that put a 4.5 sus lift on it, but he used all components for a 6.5 lift... i.e. shocks, lower control arms, brake lines, etc... He gave me the two inch spacers for the coils, and it already has the adjustable shackles on the rear for the extra boost... Do I need to put control arm drops and a drop pitman arm on it before i do the other two inches? I'm really confused.
if youre running a stock pitman arm with 4.5" of lift, id put that new pitman arm on now.
depending on what the length of the control arms are, you might need to adj them if you can or put the drop brackets in.

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/re_db.html

check the bottom of that page, itll list the lengths the control arms should be.