Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center Caps for Steelies

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default Center Caps for Steelies

Hey guys, so I picked up some of those Cragar soft 8's for my XJ awhile back, and really want to get some center caps to get the finished look... I can't seem to find anything that states which caps will fit, so I figured I'd ask around and see if someone has bought center caps that fit. Really looking for all black caps, maybe with a jeep logo or something?

Anyways, the wheels are 15x8 cragar soft 8's, if that matters. Thanks for helping me out!
Old 10-27-2017, 10:28 AM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0 L6

Cragar Soft 8's have 3.3" center bores. If you want black, the best option seems to be the Gorilla center caps. I don't know of any with a Jeep logo available, but you could probably find a vinyl logo to put in the center of them: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/g...BoC508QAvD_BwE
Old 10-27-2017, 10:52 AM
CF Veteran

Received 333 Likes on 277 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

I have seen that wheel plenty with Cragar center caps, with the Cragar name on them, of course. Painted black. I think they have a rounded top so im not sure a stick-on Jeep logo would hold up, which you can buy just about anywhere. The flat topped Gorilla cap posted would be a better candidate for a stick-on. Would factory center caps for a 5x7 5 spoke wheel fit the Cragar 8? Ive never seen that done before. If that would work, you would have to drill holes for the center cap studs tho, using a template off the factory wheel to get the holes positioned correctly. IF that would work, they are easy to paint, and already have the Jeep logo.