Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumper Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6
Default Bumper Update

Just ordered my Nates 4X4 Bumpers. I ordered front and rear. Basic bumpers due to the limited funds, but their sale really helped. I ordered basic front and rear bumpers with D Ring Tabs. If money was no object I would have added the brush gaurd, but I am still very happy.

I will update/review once it arrives. I ordered it today around 4:30 Eastern. I figure 1-2 weeks I bet for construction and delivery, so I will add to this thread once it gets here.

Also, go check out Nates site, the prices are great with his sale and shipping deal.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:22 PM

Bumper has arrived!!!
Shipping -- time wise 10, packaging 7
Overall on shipping i score it ideal.
Appearance -- stout looking 10, fit and finish (not installed yet)

Overall for a rear bumper initial impressions are excellent!!! I plan pics and to bed line it then install...
Old 04-19-2012, 12:40 AM

I have installed the new bumper. Yes I know pictures Pictures Pictures..

The fit was dead on. All bolt holes line up perfectly. It was not hard even as a one man job..

Now what got tricky is I installed my class three Curt hitch after and then the fit became snug.

If I could do it over I would have paid the extra to get the hitch built in, but I have such a nice curt hitch I could not spend money to loose money on the sale of the original hitch I bought.

I would also order his install kit and get his bolts. Luckly the bolts for the curt hitch are long enough and can be used.

I also have a factory gas tank skid and you do need to loosen all bolts on that to fit everything. In fact I had to drop the skid to get the hitch on with the bumper since it has straps that connect into the same holes as the hitch.

Still waiting on delivery of the front bumper. He has responded to questions withing 24 hours or less and am very happy.

If the front installs as easy as the rear I will recommend everyone run out and get Nates Bumpers. If it requires a little more work or something strange occurs I will let you know, but so far it has been a tremendous deal and appreciate the price and quality.

I am also not sure if I mentioned, I primed it then used duplicolor bed liner on the bumper. In fact I did the following:

Removed decals/SKU info
Took 400 grit and went over it all
Washed with Dawn
Sprayed Bleech White on it and washed again
Dryed, then dryed with a heat gun (Was in a hurry)
Went over with filler primer
Then duplicolor bed liner and it looks GREAT...