Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

breather hose extending question

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default breather hose extending question

would there be any problems if i extended the breather lines for th front diff, trans and tcase into the airbox, which is hooked to a snorkel? or would the more forced air enderting the lines cause an issue, and would i need a filter on the lines if they went to the airbox?
Old 07-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L H.O.

hey, figured id pose a question to you. that would be why are you thinking of putting the breather lines into the air box? are you trying to make your rig more water tight?

to answer your question tho, no i dont think there would be any problem running them into the air box. those lines are not under any kind of vacuum or pressure. and i dont think any kind of filter would be needed. just the same cap thingy a on there already.

hope this helps.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:03 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by jeep.kevin
hey, figured id pose a question to you. that would be why are you thinking of putting the breather lines into the air box? are you trying to make your rig more water tight?

to answer your question tho, no i dont think there would be any problem running them into the air box. those lines are not under any kind of vacuum or pressure. and i dont think any kind of filter would be needed. just the same cap thingy a on there already.

hope this helps.
yea more water tight, and if im entending them anyway not much more difficult to attch them to the airbox, also gonna seal the distributor and run a breather to the airbox as well, and considering moving my altenator up, but gotta see what to do with my a/c compressor since i might recharge my a/c to use it when i put doors on, or run it for OBA