Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bought some chinese arb knockoffs 9" LED

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 07:55 PM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default bought some chinese arb knockoffs 9" LED

for wife's jeep...she used to drive the xj i drive now, it had the 9.5" lightforce halogens...she used them alot, we live 15 miles up a logging road, and the paved road to town from that is another 30 miles, 2 lane very rural, not uncommon to have open road whole time, so not worried aboot legal light

i looked around for a used set of lightforce 240s to do another hid kit on, no luck...the arb lights are 10x the price of the knockoffs, i cant justify that much money for lights, i know theyre bright but cant do it, so for under $200 cdn im gambling on the chinese knockoffs

i set them in deep, front of bracket flush with leading edge of bumper

Name:  N8YjpnHl.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  85.5 KB

Name:  A8GNiVhl.jpg
Size:  59.3 KB

Name:  nLqWOvDl.jpg
Size:  74.9 KB

my jeep with the lightforce hid kits next to it...had to dremel the plastic grill out where the lights are now, if you need to adjust the lights up and down, gotta remove the grill to get at the adjustment hardware.

Name:  hMiKZrul.jpg
Size:  89.1 KB

they get warm very quick

Name:  TuOeShwl.jpg
Size:  62.5 KB

Name:  0gnmZJUl.jpg
Size:  100.8 KB

high beam and then highbeam plus the knockoffs

bought some chinese arb knockoffs 9" LED-mwdrprs.gif

im gonna aim them up a bit, too bright right in front of the vehicle...

opinion---lightforce 240 with 100w hid kit are brighter further, there is a warm up time

these are brighter closer and wider, instant on, cosmetically look better, way cheaper....she's more concerned with making the high beam coverage brighter and side to side vs further down the road...these do that

the lights claim:

(each)

32 5w leds
160w
16000 lumen

6500k i can agree with, and there are 32 leds in each...are they 5w and producing 16000 lumen...doubt it

came with full harness, relay and on off push button switch..

i used my own switch, have them wired to come on with highbeams IF a rocker switch on dash is on...leave rocker off, they dont come on when high beams chosen. (for city driving)
Old 08-12-2016, 08:46 PM
CF Veteran

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

"aboot" LOL
Old 08-13-2016, 07:38 AM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: My Jeep is a GMC

Decent aftermarket H4 headlamps with a harness work just fine for me with nothing else needed. I'm in for the upcoming "HELP! my junk overheats" thread.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:51 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You'd been better off with a decent light bar.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:11 AM
CF Veteran

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
Year: 1990, 1999, 2000
Engine: 4.0

i live up in canada's north also. we definitely need extra lighting just to drive on our roads with all the moose, deer and bears that run out in front of you on a night drive. and that's not including wolves and coyotes too.

i use KC daylighters on my TJ's but want extra lighting on my flatbed and daily drivers too but without the noise and looks of a light bar. cheap light bars are just that, cheap and no real light output. most are just flood lights. spots are pricey up here.

these knockoffs look like they add some missing light, but still, i'm skeptical at driving 110 down the transcanada without more spot lighting.

i will keep looking, but it looks like either cheaper KC's or an expensive 12 inch bar from grote may be in the future. don't know how they will look on my golf tho. lol.

how much were the liteforce?
Old 08-13-2016, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by caged
i live up in canada's north also. we definitely need extra lighting just to drive on our roads with all the moose, deer and bears that run out in front of you on a night drive. and that's not including wolves and coyotes too.

i use KC daylighters on my TJ's but want extra lighting on my flatbed and daily drivers too but without the noise and looks of a light bar. cheap light bars are just that, cheap and no real light output. most are just flood lights. spots are pricey up here.

these knockoffs look like they add some missing light, but still, i'm skeptical at driving 110 down the transcanada without more spot lighting.

i will keep looking, but it looks like either cheaper KC's or an expensive 12 inch bar from grote may be in the future. don't know how they will look on my golf tho. lol.

how much were the liteforce?
The lightforce have been there for 11 yrs I think they were $500 back then

The hid kit on them was $200 did last yr or 2 yrs it's all a blur
Old 08-13-2016, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo X_J
Decent aftermarket H4 headlamps with a harness work just fine for me with nothing else needed. I'm in for the upcoming "HELP! my junk overheats" thread.
Had harness and cibie e codes 100w before

These are brighter and not glass, glass lights don't last a yr here

Won't be any overheating, the green xj with more rad area covered has been fine for 11 yrs