Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARB winch bumper swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Default ARB winch bumper swap

Hey guys, just recently acquired a new project. 99 XJ with 4.5inch rustys on bald 33's that was wrecked in the front and needs a fender, header panel, and bumper. Long story short I have found a good deal on an ARB winch bumper but it is for the earlier body style, it was on a 92. Does anyone know if this bumper will fit a 99? I know that ARB made two different ones for the different body styles but from what I remember of my research when I had my first XJ a few years back, a lot of the parts are fairly interchagable between the two different body styles. If it won't fit do you know how much work it would be to make it fit? Thanks for any help, glad to be back in another XJ.

Side note: when I was on here before someone made some CherokeeForum.com stickers that I had on my ride, anyone know if those are still around and how I could get my hands on some?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Yes will work just fine the sides are just shorter. They don't go all the way to the fender like the factory end caps, they stop right before the flares. Mounting brackets are the same