Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARB Intensity Knock Off Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Cool ARB Intensity Knock Off Questions

I have been debating on what kind of extra lights to get.

Right now Im debating between a 20-24" light bar
MicTuning MicTuning

or these ARB Intensity knock offs
 Nilight 9" Nilight 9"

I cannot afford RIGID or ARB itself, and I dont need "the best". I need/want something for when im driving down the highway or back country roads.

I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with these. I am leaning towards the ARB knock offs. I also dont know if these will fit on the stock bumper. Any thoughts?
Old 03-30-2017, 08:05 AM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Dlm01XJ

Right now Im debating between a 20-24" light bar MicTuning

or these ARB Intensity knock offs Nilight 9"

I cannot afford RIGID or ARB itself, and I dont need "the best". I need/want something for when im driving down the highway or back country roads.

I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with these. I am leaning towards the ARB knock offs. I also dont know if these will fit on the stock bumper. Any thoughts?
I've used the mictuning bar and some other nilight products. They let water in the housing so you need to seal them with silicone. I didn't have them very long so i can't speak to their durability. They worked good after i sealed them though.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001

Originally Posted by Martlor13
I've used the mictuning bar and some other nilight products. They let water in the housing so you need to seal them with silicone. I didn't have them very long so i can't speak to their durability. They worked good after i sealed them though.
What was the light output like from the MICTuning. I know that cameras never pickup the same amount of light as the human eye. I do like the look of the ARB knockoffs more than the bar look. does anyone have experience with these at all or mounting them on a stock front bumper?
Old 04-01-2017, 10:36 AM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I also dont know if these will fit on the stock bumper. Any thoughts?
put on wifes xj

some trimming of grill and grill support is needed

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f67/bo...-9-led-227921/
Old 04-01-2017, 10:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1985
Engine: 2.5L

Right now Im debating between a 20-24" light bar MicTuning

or these ARB Intensity knock offs Nilight 9"

Not sure about the MicTuning but the Nilight is listed as either spot or flood pattern. Those would not be legal On Road in most places. Also most regulations require they are wired to come on only with the high beams if they are driving lights or with the low beams only if they are fog lights. Each state has different regulations, even including the height above the road surface each type can be installed. Here you can't legally have them mounted above the level of the headlights if you use them on the highway, so light bars above the cab are for off road only use.

Most companies sell these lights but never post a warning about use, or if they do it is in very small print saying to check local laws before installing.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:34 AM

Received 52 Likes on 51 Posts
Year: 1998

thought this thread was about air lockers and turned out to be about light bars
Old 04-01-2017, 11:41 AM
CF Veteran

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Year: 01, 99, 98, 98,98

Just buy some kc lights. Tried and true. But if you're looking for dirt cheap then keep your expectations low. I guess the kc knockoffs made by blazer are pretty bright. They're only like $12 but the rust very quickly. Like the first time they get wet.