Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have run tried both Spring Re-locators then the Spring Sliders.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 01:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default anyone have run tried both Spring Re-locators then the Spring Sliders.

I am in the middle of building my 1998 Cherokee, It has a Rusty's 4.5" lift I just put in, and running 35" Treadwright Guard Dog Muds, I want to try to keep a Low COG "Center Of Gravity" and thinking of going with Napier Flares. I also have set of
ACO's Adjustable Coil Spring Spacers ACO's Adjustable Coil Spring Spacers
that a friend gave me that would be nice to use to have some control of leveling with all the accessories like bumper and winch up front - they give a range from 1.25 - 3.5" of lift, so If I use them I will need that that much lift in the rear. BUT I DON'T WANT TO USE THEM JUST TO USE THEM.

I plan on eventually going Long Arm up front, and it won't hit the road until it has the Detour Frame Stiffners / Rok Slyders installed.

I run mostly mud here in Florida but eventually will want to start hitting some offroad parks, this is a 90% trail jeep and 10% on the road getting there. We have lots of washboard roads in the forest where I ride.

I have Googled and read for days and still can't decide whether to go with Spring Sliders or Spring Re-locators and new shackles for my rear Leaf Springs. I think both flex about the same, and the sliders ride a bit better. The sliders are about $285 shipped. https://liquidironindustries.com/XJ-...f-Sliders.html The Re-locators are $130 (Plus probably new shackles like JKS or Rubicons $75-105) - so $245 total vs, $285 http://hdoffroadengineering.myshopif...relocation-kit

The Sliders in Action

Any and all input and advice is appreciated, especially from someone that has used them both before- Thanks.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L

I purchased sliders and I really liked them. Unfortunately I couldn't get them to work correctly with my Jeep. The leaf springs would make contact with the front of the slider boxes. I tried everything to get them to work, but they just didn't. LII was really awesome and sent me a second set just in case it was a manufacturing defect (it was not). I really liked the concept of the sliders and really wish I could run them. I plan on using them in the future, but purchasing the universal sliders and fabbing the mounts to work with my setup.

In the end I purchased the HD no lift shackle brackets and Rusty's .75" shackle.

I have RE 3.5" leaf springs.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

I have not run sliders, but I love my shackle relocation brackets.