Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any aftermarket sunroof guru's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 09:49 AM
CF Veteran

Received 229 Likes on 178 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0 L

So I've been having problems with my sunroof... (Story of my life) This winter I blew a fuse for my radio and when I changes the fuse out I found the positive and negative leads from the sunroof literally wrapped around the fuse. I disconnected the power from the sunroof and let it stay like that for a few months. Yesterday I finally tried tackling fixing it, and it didn't go as planned. I hooked the power wires up to the aux cigarette lighter (because it's switched) and nothing was happening. I am getting power TO the switch, but no power out of the switch. OK, so it's the switch. Well I dissected the switch and found this. Any aftermarket sunroof guru's?-image-2717168650.jpg So I soldered the led back to the resistor, and although the switch now lights up, I still get no power out. Now, the configuration of the switch has me rather perplexed. Any aftermarket sunroof guru's?-image-3619031834.jpg It's got a positive and negative in, which somebody piggybacked to also have a positive and negative out. It's got those two brown wires, which should send a signal when the switch makes contact, and it's got the ground. The two power wires out and two brown wires go to the back of the sunroof to a control module which I couldn't reach ( I could see it) without tearing the headliner all the way down, but the connections looked solid. SO, what happened that made this thing not work? I still never figured out what made me blow the fuse in the first place, and I'm stumped as to why nothing happens when I hit the button?

Edit: I unscrewed all the grounds and cleaned them up.

Last edited by XJlimitedx99; 05-20-2014 at 09:51 AM.