Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another lift question... using lca drop brackets??? and sye?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 ho
Default another lift question... using lca drop brackets??? and sye?

As a few of you know ive been waiting on long arms but would like to get the jeeo in the air went and played a bit this weekend and just want that extra clearance. And will do the la upgrade whenever they get them done.

Im going to attach a photo of the drop brackets in my next post.

Lift I have is a tuff country 3.5 inch lift its the ezride lift from les schwab. Got from a friend of a friend who ran it for a couple months than wemt bigger. It came with extended lcas. Also the whole lift. And leaf springs. He ran it at 5.5 using spacers on the coils and these drop brackets. Leafs are actually for 5.5

My question is will I have any dd issues using extended lcas and drop brackets? And what kind of flex should I expect I understand I wont be near long arm flex but would imagine at least a bit?

Than about the sye... next post
Old 05-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Seasoned Member

Sorry having forc close issues with phone.

Sye. He gave me a extended driveline he used with no issues at 5.5 and this set up I also have 1 inch t case drops I will try to use to get by and shims tell I have the 500 extra for a sye or should I just wait and get it before the lift? Also was it the auto grand cherokee front driveline for syes?
Old 05-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Seasoned Member

Any ever use these skyjacker shocks?
Attached Thumbnails another lift question... using lca drop brackets??? and sye?-forumrunner_20130528_103028.jpg   another lift question... using lca drop brackets??? and sye?-forumrunner_20130528_103112.jpg  
Old 05-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Seasoned Member

I asked these questions in the sticky and no reply
Old 05-30-2013, 07:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 97
Engine: 4.0L

Okay let me try to sum this up... First, the drop brackets and lca's will be fine and will ride and flex quite well. At 5.5" there is a good chance that even with a tc drop and shims, you will still get vibes. You will just have to lift it and see. $500 for an sye is insane! I got my hack and tap from iro for about $100. You want to use the front drive shaft from a 4.0 auto xj for the sye. I ran the exact same skyjacker shocks you posted a pic of. One word really comes to mind when thinking of them, "disgusting". They ride like an unloaded dump truck, but they will get the job done. Hopefully that helps you out
Old 05-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by BNJeepsta
Okay let me try to sum this up... First, the drop brackets and lca's will be fine and will ride and flex quite well. At 5.5" there is a good chance that even with a tc drop and shims, you will still get vibes. You will just have to lift it and see. $500 for an sye is insane! I got my hack and tap from iro for about $100. You want to use the front drive shaft from a 4.0 auto xj for the sye. I ran the exact same skyjacker shocks you posted a pic of. One word really comes to mind when thinking of them, "disgusting". They ride like an unloaded dump truck, but they will get the job done. Hopefully that helps you out
Thank you very much. One question I though we are supposed to use a grand Cherokee auto front driveline when using a sye?
And ill keep looking for better priced syes. With the shocks do they still flex alright?

Last question what about the upper control arms? Are they ok stock? Should I get adjustables?
Old 05-30-2013, 08:03 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 97
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by vandelden21

Thank you very much. One question I though we are supposed to use a grand Cherokee auto front driveline when using a sye?
And ill keep looking for better priced syes. With the shocks do they still flex alright?

Last question what about the upper control arms? Are they ok stock? Should I get adjustables?
Nope, use a regular xj shaft. Your shocks have nothing to do with flex other than how long they are. They are gonna ride like crap though. Typically, on drop brackets, you use stock length control arms, so yes, they should be fine.