Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjustable upper control arms with lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Adjustable upper control arms with lift

in your opinion what are the benefits of adjustable uppers? My lift came with new non adjustable lowers but im still
running stock uppers with a 4.5". Figured I'd get some if they're needed. I don't wheel with this XJ. It's daily driven. Street queen
Old 03-10-2017, 11:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Deitz
in your opinion what are the benefits of adjustable uppers? My lift came with new non adjustable lowers but im still
running stock uppers with a 4.5". Figured I'd get some if they're needed. I don't wheel with this XJ. It's daily driven. Street queen
Adjustable uppers allow you to adjust your castor and pinion angle to help with handling not to mention they're a lot stronger and the old bushings probably need replacing. Not necessary but definitely helpful.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:26 AM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

They allow you to adjust the caster and run a proper pinion angle.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:31 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

i also am around 4.5" and haven't replaced the uppers either. they affect mainly the pinion angle, while the lower affect how far back the axle will be.

in my case i noticed that the front tires worn out faster than the rear, and i'm pretty sure it's because of the caster angle, caused by the upper control arms. My alignement is almost perfect but for some reason when i turn slowly on level ground i can hear my tires screeching a little, which I attributed to caster.