Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjustable control arms

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable control arms

I'm about to get a 4.5 inch lift lfor my 2000 Xj and I want to be prepared so I'm wondering how do you know what to adjust the control arms too? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 11-25-2016, 10:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Model: Cherokee

At that lift you need both adjustable control arms and control arm drop brackets.Or you can skip those and go with a long arm up grade like serious offroad but not all long arms will work with a 4.5 inch lift so make sure it will before you buy them.And something else make sure you get a adjustable trackbar for it.Iron road off road has a nice double sheer one pretty cheap.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:28 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Year: 89
Engine: Renix 4.0

I can't vouch for the accuracy of this, but it seems legit and should get you in the ballpark anyway. Others may chime in.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:24 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

I run a 4 1/2" short arm setup with adj u/l ca's you will need both to be able to set the pinion angle of the differential and center the tire in the wheel well. At that height an SYE and driveshaft is needed and most of the time shims for the rear differential, mine did.

At that height I'm sure you plan on larger tires like 33's if so you need to regear. Then at the same time it's time to install lockers as no extra labor required.

As I always say the lift kit itself is the cheapest part of a lift all the other items needed are what mounts up.