Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

91 Cherokee Laredo interior color change

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 High Output
Default 91 Cherokee Laredo interior color change

I just got my first rig a couple days ago. It runs well but the interior needs some work. It has a tan/beige interior and I want to go to black. I have already decided to replace the seats but I'm not sure what company to go with. I want buckets with harnesses in the front and a black bench in the back. I already pulled the trashed headliner and I think I'm going to go without one. I am also going to pull the carpet and I thought about a rubberized floor or a spray in floor like a bed liner. I also need to replace the door panels (it's a 4-door) with black panels if I can find them and also the interior trim, dash, and center console. And I'm looking into replacing the worn steering wheel with an aftermarket black wheel. And then I need good interior floor lighting options preferable in purple. Any thoughts?
Old 03-25-2015, 09:42 PM
Seasoned Member

Congrats on getting your xj... post some pics... I have a 94 and am thinking of getting grand cherokee seats since mine are shot... I am gona redo my headliner with camo material... Texas gets hot in the summer so I dont wana lose the little help the headliner gives... I am also gona weld in new metal to fix the rust and do a bedliner inside... I am thinking about laying down something else first to help with noise and heat.... I cant do the purple lights though, you lost me there
Old 03-25-2015, 11:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

With a harness you need a roll cage with a harness bar if not in a wreck the shoulder straps will compress your spine.If its a daily driver only one 4 point harness is dot approved.Keep the headliner it cuts down on the heat soaking in from the roof and kills a lot of noise.With the bedliner on the floor you need carpet or thick rubber matting because the bedliner has no sound deadening it will be hot and loud in the jeep with out.If your door panels and other parts are in good shape but wrong color you can dye them with sem brand dye.You just need to clean them good with tsp cleaner then wipe it down with a grease and wax remover before you dye it.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:29 AM

Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 High Output

Thanks for the ideas and the info! Fortunately, I live in Idaho and don't have to worry too much about the heat but the noise issue may be a concern since I want a nice stereo system in it as well. I'll post pics as soon as I can.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:10 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Some people who have removed the factory sound deadening and bedliner the floor have said their floor pans get hot from the exhaust.Something else to look http://www.lizardskin.com/