Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.

2000 XJ build

Old 04-28-2019, 08:41 PM

Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default 2000 XJ build

What's up y'all, starting to get going on my build so I figure it's a good a time as any to make a thread. It's a 2000 Cherokee 4.0l with 140k, and the np231 transfer case. Purchased it bone stock a little under a year ago. Here are a few pics of her:

And my buddies Colorado

so it started out bone stock, had the usual rocker rust and rust on the rear quarter panels. I started out by throwing on some 31 in bfg all terrains, and being stance crazy as I am threw spacers on and took the fenders off😂 I then got 2 inch coil spacers and fabbed shackle drop down brackets and purchased adjustable shackles. I drove it through the winter (here in Michigan they can be pretty crazy) and now that it's spring I'm pretty excited to get to work on it.
got a steal on a set of 5 33x12.5x15 bfg all terrains and got em mounted with a little trimmin.
and that brings me to the present.

Last edited by Heep_xj; 04-28-2019 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:48 PM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0

Welcome to the CF and to XJ ownership Heep_Xj !

Nice looking XJ as is.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by RockinRonnie View Post
Welcome to the CF and to XJ ownership Heep_Xj !

Nice looking XJ as is.
Thanks! I apologize if I don't completely know how the forum works yet but my brother used to be very active on the forum, you may know him, @Eaglexj.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:05 PM

So my plan is to get it leveled at about 4 inches of lift, tryna keep it low COG seeing as how my end goal is to have something I can bomb around the dunes at silver lake sand dunes. My leaf springs are super bad s shaped, so my plan is to build a bastard pack for the rear with S10 springs and aim for 4 but whatever I get in the rear I will level the front to. I would really like to keep it low enough that I don't need a SYE or transfer case drop. Yes the 2000 and 2001 models did come with a low pinion d30 😣 but not to fear I have already started a hp d30 build. Im going to doit end by end so once I have the rear springs in and decide how much lift I need to compensate for I plan to get cavfab steering and perhaps a small truss on the new d30 which will go in with adjustable control arms. I plan to Fab bumpers and a roof rack based off of my brothers threads, and also Fab rock sliders and get rid of all the rust😥.

my brothers Fab work was pretty good for him being 17 at the time😬.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:59 PM

That cool maybe will run into you at silver lake get there a few times a year with the SXS and now the jeep will keep an eye out for you !
Old 04-29-2019, 09:05 PM

Yah for sure man if you see me drop by and say hi I love meeting new people in the Jeep community!
Old 04-29-2019, 09:10 PM

You going to the blessing of the jeeps this weekend?
Old 04-30-2019, 07:53 AM

Not sure Im not sure I have ever heard of that actually where about is it?
Old 05-11-2019, 06:36 PM

Default Electrical issue?

Hey so haven't posted in a little while, but two days ago I was flying down some two tracks enjoying my new much needed front bumpstops, when I went through a couple puddles. They weren't very deep at all but did throw some water over the hood and sprayed a decent amount. The last puddle I drove through was the biggest but still no where near the deepest I have ever gone through. About a minute later my gauges went crazy shooting all over the place and most the lights came on on the cluster and immediately following the engine cut out. I threw it in neutral and rolled to a stop. I turned it over a couple times until it started and I let it idle for about a minute.i then got on the main road and started home thinking it was just a mishap but didn't wanna take any chances, and about 5 minutes later same thing happened and it cut out. I kept doing the above steps for about ten minutes until I got to a gas station 3 minutes from my house where I rolled in because it cut out AGIAN. I took a look at it and sprayed all the main plugs with wd40 including the PCM. Ended up having to trailer it 3 minutes to my house because I couldn't get it that far. But the weird thing is at the gas station I got it idle for at least 15 minutes but right when I put it in drive bam, it would cut out. I let it dry for two days and still it sits not wanting to run. So far I replaced the throttle position sensor and crankshaft position sensor( massive PITA to get to) and almost no change. Although when I put the throttle position sensor in I did get in improvement to where I could put it in drive without it dying I even was was about to pull out of my drive way when, yep you guessed it, it cut out and wouldn't start up again😣 I'm really discouraged because me and my brother can't figure out if it's the PCM that got fried( we took it apart and it looked to be ok) or if it's a bad sensor somewhere but it would be pretty coincidental to happen right after spraying water up in there.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-13-2019, 08:09 PM

So turns out the last guy before me did a bad soldering job on the speedometer sensor.... The three wires were touching creating a ground and shorting the whole system out. What a PITA to narrow down but in the end it's always fun to work on the Jeep. 👍