Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 02:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998 XJ
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Your Problems Updates / Fixes

More times than not we ask a question in the Tech section and when we finally find the root cause of our problem, we never update it. (Me included).

So, Post what your issue was and the symptoms you had and what exactly fixed it. I know all problems are different but maybe this could help someone out quick.

I'll Start,
1. My jeep overheated, While at a dead stop it slowly creeped to 222 degrees the shot over to the red. Found out during the troubleshooting that the lower radiator hose did not have the internal spring. Also found out my Efan was not spinning up to par. It was spinning just not pulling enough air. So here is what happened. My Efan was not working right so it caused my temp to creep up, then from the heat and the water pump my lower radiator hose collapsed causing the temp to spike fast.
New Efan fixed it.

2. I kept getting a rough idle and then it threw a code (Cylinder 1 Misfire). Changed, cleaned and checked all the normal stuff and finally did a compression test and cylinder one had 90 psi while the rest were averaging 160. Pulled the head and found a crack in between the two valve seats in cylinder 1. Replaced the head and its been running like a champ. Pretty sure this was a result from problem number 1.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:25 PM

Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0

Yeah A-10's!!! Use to work on them Depot level maintenance @ Hill AFB. Most favorite aircraft among many ...

Just posted this within another thread then saw this "Update" thread so this is a repeat.

Repaired power window problem on passenger door. It would only roll down half way and make horrible noises in the process. Removed door panel and discovered that the plastic tube guide deal had fallen off and the pipe cleaner looking gear was binding when it hit the bottom of the door frame. The plastic tube guide being old and hard didn't want to slide back onto gear channel so pulled out my cigarette lighter and heated her up. Slid back into place easy as pie. Sprayed a little lubricant up tube and on guide. Works like a charm ... goes up quick even.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:46 PM

Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 litre

Cooling problem too. Replaced entire cooling system. Now fixed, running 195 with the occasional bump to 210 at a stop. May have a small crack in the head and/or HG.

Right now, just trying to keep it running good. My intention is to replace the engine (228k) soon, as I do not know what amount of care it was given by the p.o.

Last edited by Doc Brnard; 08-29-2010 at 03:48 PM.