Yikes!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Yikes!

Check out this story below and share your thoughts.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/cr...nths-will-cost
Old 01-06-2015, 07:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: Golen 4.6 Stroker, AFE Headers, 62mm TB, 24 LB Injectors, Brown Dog kit, HF Cat, 3" Exhaust

well...
1.) I spent one night in Augusta (wife used to live there) and someone broke into our car and stole our sound system and a bunch of Christmas presents. I could care less about that place or any project they have going lol.

2.) Sounds just like a bad choice on the kids part. The punishment is probably suitable for his crime. 45,000 is alot of cash.

3.) Some people have to learn the hard way
Old 01-06-2015, 09:17 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Idiot. Next thread.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:28 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: Golen 4.6L

Was the kid trying to tear up the track, or was he just "offroading" and didn't realize the track wasn't made for the weight of a truck?
Old 01-06-2015, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by extrashaky
Was the kid trying to tear up the track, or was he just "offroading" and didn't realize the track wasn't made for the weight of a truck?
C'mon. It was a park. The bmx track was part of it. He ripped it up, along with other parts of the park. He knew what he was doing. Kid needs to be shot, and he, along with his parents should be held responsible for his actions.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:41 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

A lot of kids today have a lack of respect for anything and this shows it.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:58 AM
Banned

So far we haven't heard from the kid himself. All we've heard is what the cops say happened. I worked around cops for years when I was in television, and as a result of that contact I take anything they say with a pound of salt. The cops are trying to make a case. They are not working in the service of truth or accuracy and rarely present a fair and accurate picture in their police reports or their press briefings.

Maybe the kid is a piece of crap. Maybe the kid is just stupid and didn't realize he was doing $45K in damage. I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I had a friend in high school who used to do stupid crap like this. He had no malicious intent. He just didn't think. He would say, "Hey y'all, watch this," and then do something incredibly stupid before we could stop him or jump out of the moving vehicle. I'm surprised Jimmy isn't in prison, but somehow he grew out of it.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:36 AM

So far we haven't heard from the kid himself. All we've heard is what the cops say happened. I worked around cops for years when I was in television, and as a result of that contact I take anything they say with a pound of salt. The cops are trying to make a case. They are not working in the service of truth or accuracy and rarely present a fair and accurate picture in their police reports or their press briefings.

Maybe the kid is a piece of crap. Maybe the kid is just stupid and didn't realize he was doing $45K in damage. I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I had a friend in high school who used to do stupid crap like this. He had no malicious intent. He just didn't think. He would say, "Hey y'all, watch this," and then do something incredibly stupid before we could stop him or jump out of the moving vehicle. I'm surprised Jimmy isn't in prison, but somehow he grew out of it.
Really?

The park was under construction, and not open yet, according to the report. That means he was trespassing. Strike one. Then he was dumb enough to go "offroading" as you put it, on a BMX track, which I think everyone knows is designed for bikes. Strike two. After his "offroading" escapade, he left, to go tear up the grass in the park, and was stupid enough to come back, where he got caught. Strike three, you're out.

For you to even blame the cops for trying to make a case, is ridiculous. No we haven't heard from the kid, nor do I need to. He's a 16 year old kid who pulled a stupid stunt. He knew what he was doing. How can you trespass onto a construction site, rip apart the terrain, and not have malicious intent? It's clear he wasn't thinking, but I have zero sympathy.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:12 AM
Herp Derp Jerp

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Engine: 4.0L OBD-II

Oh that's lovely. Another article with "vandalism" and "Jeep" and "torn up". More fodder for tree-hugging types to close public lands to people who have respect. ****ing fantastic.

I see what you're saying but ignorance and teenage spunk is no excuse. One does not have to demonstrate malicious intent to commit a crime. Why do you think we have laws? You cannot say "Wow, I didn't realize that store-fronts cost so much! If I'd known before I drove drunk I wouldn't have crashed into a Starbucks!". Just as "Well I didn't really mean to KILL him, I just wanted to take him apart and play with his guts" typically doesn't make a very good defense.

Come on dude.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Here is living proof of what's happening to our country today. You need to call Al Sharpton and see if he has any work for you.......Oh wait the mayor of NYC for sure does.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:27 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1993

Originally Posted by salad
Oh that's lovely. Another article with "vandalism" and "Jeep" and "torn up". More fodder for tree-hugging types to close public lands to people who have respect. ****ing fantastic.

I see what you're saying but ignorance and teenage spunk is no excuse. One does not have to demonstrate malicious intent to commit a crime. Why do you think we have laws? You cannot say "Wow, I didn't realize that store-fronts cost so much! If I'd known before I drove drunk I wouldn't have crashed into a Starbucks!". Just as "Well I didn't really mean to KILL him, I just wanted to take him apart and play with his guts" typically doesn't make a very good defense.

Come on dude.
Salad's comment is totally correct. One of the hardest things to overcome in trying to work with the BLM and the FS on opening new trails is the stupidity of some ******* that gets drunk, or is just really brain dead, and decides to do this kind of crap. It makes it hard as hell to explain that everyone that drives a 4x4 isn't a complete idiot and that with more legal wheeling areas there would be less damage to private and public lands.
Just my .02
Old 01-07-2015, 04:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fred/N0AZZ
Here is living proof of what's happening to our country today. You need to call Al Sharpton and see if he has any work for you.......Oh wait the mayor of NYC for sure does.
I appreciate the personal attack, even more so since you made it political. Good job setting me straight.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L I6 HO

Originally Posted by Fred/N0AZZ
Couldn't have put it better myself lol. Damn sharpton
Old 01-08-2015, 06:14 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998

So far we haven't heard from the kid himself. All we've heard is what the cops say happened. I worked around cops for years when I was in television, and as a result of that contact I take anything they say with a pound of salt. The cops are trying to make a case. They are not working in the service of truth or accuracy and rarely present a fair and accurate picture in their police reports or their press briefings. Maybe the kid is a piece of crap. Maybe the kid is just stupid and didn't realize he was doing $45K in damage. I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle. I had a friend in high school who used to do stupid crap like this. He had no malicious intent. He just didn't think. He would say, "Hey y'all, watch this," and then do something incredibly stupid before we could stop him or jump out of the moving vehicle. I'm surprised Jimmy isn't in prison, but somehow he grew out of it.
........and this is one of the reasons we may be doomed as a society. If we do hear from the kid, what's he going to say? I can't think of a justifiable reason (that may be present if it was a different type of offense) as to why he would have caused the damage, so his response will be either "I did it." or "I didn't do it."

Too many people promote (as you obviously do) the complete lack of personal responsibility, and blame the police, society, parents, etc. instead of simply saying "Yea, I screwed up." I too have worked around "cops" for years in a capacity that I guarantee is more involved than what you have experienced. I've also spent my fair share of time around you that work (or have worked) in "television", and can testify that there is often very little fact or truth involved in t.v. production. Eyes on the screen is the only thing that matters in this industry.

You did get one thing correct. The "cops" ARE trying to make a case. That is EXACTLY what our tax dollars pay them to do when they are investigating a criminal offense. The whole point of performing an investigation is to collect evidence in an effort to ultimately find the truth. There is absolutely no point in investigating a case in the first place if you aren't going to do anything with the evidence or information collected.

And now for this gem.... "They are not working in the service of truth or accuracy and rarely present a fair and accurate picture in their police reports or their press briefings. ". That is one hell of a blanket statement, and you probably couldn't have gotten this any more wrong. These are exactly the things that the investigators are working for. It is nearly impossible for the police or prosecutor to prevail on a case if truth, accuracy, or EVIDENCE is not present. Just because you may not agree with the evidence presented, does not make it any less accurate or "unfair".

......and I can't leave this one out......"Maybe the kid is a piece of crap. Maybe the kid is just stupid and didn't realize he was doing $45K in damage." Here is part of that "lack of responsibility part" that I mentioned earlier. I HIGHLY doubt that this kid is a "piece of crap", but it appears that he may have caused approximately $45,000 worth of damage due to his actions. The truth is NOT somewhere in the middle. There is either $45,000 worth of damage or not. He either caused the damage or he didn't. It absolutely does not matter if he realized he was doing that AMOUNT of damage or not. This kid obviously knew or should have known that he was doing something wrong (look up culpability) and made the choice to do it anyway. He unfortunately for him and the owners chose a newly constructed BMX track rather than an open field or trail to have his "fun".

As far as your friend goes, it's great that he has dodged both death and incarceration, but you still miss the point. Malicious intent has nothing to do with rather or not an offense was committed. If he chooses to recklessly (again, that culpability thing) do something stupid, then he is responsible for the consequences.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by LAF1269
........and this is one of the reasons we may be doomed as a society. If we do hear from the kid, what's he going to say? I can't think of a justifiable reason (that may be present if it was a different type of offense) as to why he would have caused the damage, so his response will be either "I did it." or "I didn't do it."

Too many people promote (as you obviously do) the complete lack of personal responsibility, and blame the police, society, parents, etc. instead of simply saying "Yea, I screwed up." I too have worked around "cops" for years in a capacity that I guarantee is more involved than what you have experienced. I've also spent my fair share of time around you that work (or have worked) in "television", and can testify that there is often very little fact or truth involved in t.v. production. Eyes on the screen is the only thing that matters in this industry.

You did get one thing correct. The "cops" ARE trying to make a case. That is EXACTLY what our tax dollars pay them to do when they are investigating a criminal offense. The whole point of performing an investigation is to collect evidence in an effort to ultimately find the truth. There is absolutely no point in investigating a case in the first place if you aren't going to do anything with the evidence or information collected.

And now for this gem.... "They are not working in the service of truth or accuracy and rarely present a fair and accurate picture in their police reports or their press briefings. ". That is one hell of a blanket statement, and you probably couldn't have gotten this any more wrong. These are exactly the things that the investigators are working for. It is nearly impossible for the police or prosecutor to prevail on a case if truth, accuracy, or EVIDENCE is not present. Just because you may not agree with the evidence presented, does not make it any less accurate or "unfair".

......and I can't leave this one out......"Maybe the kid is a piece of crap. Maybe the kid is just stupid and didn't realize he was doing $45K in damage." Here is part of that "lack of responsibility part" that I mentioned earlier. I HIGHLY doubt that this kid is a "piece of crap", but it appears that he may have caused approximately $45,000 worth of damage due to his actions. The truth is NOT somewhere in the middle. There is either $45,000 worth of damage or not. He either caused the damage or he didn't. It absolutely does not matter if he realized he was doing that AMOUNT of damage or not. This kid obviously knew or should have known that he was doing something wrong (look up culpability) and made the choice to do it anyway. He unfortunately for him and the owners chose a newly constructed BMX track rather than an open field or trail to have his "fun".

As far as your friend goes, it's great that he has dodged both death and incarceration, but you still miss the point. Malicious intent has nothing to do with rather or not an offense was committed. If he chooses to recklessly (again, that culpability thing) do something stupid, then he is responsible for the consequences.
Yikes!-citizen_cane.jpg

Quick Reply: Yikes!