Sponsored by: DashLynx

XJ Security

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 10:29 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default XJ Security

What are XJs weak points for break ins? As in how do most people break into XJs.

Also, what do you do to keep your XJ from getting broken into ?

I have a Viper 2-way responder LE alarm to protect my shotgun and tools, amp, subs, and backpack.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:39 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by 9294Forrest
What are XJs weak points for break ins? As in how do most people break into XJs.
Same as any other vehicle, the glass, especially the small window on the rear door.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:42 AM
CF Veteran

I have a Viper 2-way responder LE alarm to protect my shotgun and tools, amp, subs, and backpack.
This is just me, but I'd never leave my shotgun in my XJ, or my tools, if they're out of sight you're still taking a gamble.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:47 AM
CF Veteran

Everythings visible but you have to go look thru the tinted glass, and if your within 1.5 feet of the xj from the windshield back, the alarm will start giving warnings to back up, and it will sound the alarm on my alarm remote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:50 AM
CF Veteran

Also, what do you do to keep your XJ from getting broken into ?
I have a LOUD alarm, (hooked up to a siren AND the horns), with an ignition kill of course. I also put the Club on every night.

My amp is under the drivers seat and chained and padlocked to the seat mount, my sub box is chained and padlocked to that black metal piece the spare tire sits on.

My hood is chained and padlocked from the inside on the latch, a DIY item I made up.

I superglued my small rubber radio antenna on because some scumbag stole it once.

My license plates have screws that require a special Allen wrench to remove.

I would love to have an alarm with a pager that sounds a siren inside my house so I can come running with my shotgun but no one has seen fit to invent that yet.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:51 AM
CF Veteran

Everythings visible but you have to go look thru the tinted glass, and if your within 1.5 feet of the xj from the windshield back, the alarm will start giving warnings to back up, and it will sound the alarm on my alarm remote
Yea, I have DARK tint on my rear glass and passenger doors, and STILL place a black blanket over my sub box, VERY hard to see it if you look in at night.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:26 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1990

man i wish some one ould steal mine!!!! i dont even lock it or roll up the windows if they want in they will get in dont hinder them why repalce a window for something but i live in a small town and have large property that no one dares to mess with our stuff
Old 05-03-2013, 11:29 AM
CF Veteran

Car toys refused to mount my amp under a seat or else they wouldn't warrant it. So its mounted on the rear of the rear seat hiding behind my subs.

My jeeps a gold mine for a thief. But they won't mess with it bc of the alarm, gives them away before they even touch it lol. And its 2-way so if I'm within like 1 mile of my jeep it will tell me. Then I'd come pop a cap in there *** with my other guns lol
Old 05-03-2013, 11:38 AM
CF Veteran

Car toys refused to mount my amp under a seat or else they wouldn't warrant it. So its mounted on the rear of the rear seat hiding behind my subs.
I had to install my amp myself, I got one slightly over powered, and wired my sub at 4 ohms instead of 2, gain is only half way up, it really doesn't even get hot.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:56 AM

Default re

I have installed a simple alarm system that alert me when some one try to touch the vehicle or to open the lock the alarm will send the alerts.But i am still not satisfied with it and looking for a new one.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:19 AM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door

mines got a freakin security chip I just found out. hangs underneath the steering column. pop it out and disables the starter. just discovered it last week. who knew
Old 06-07-2013, 02:06 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1996

Originally Posted by Atmos
mines got a freakin security chip I just found out. hangs underneath the steering column. pop it out and disables the starter. just discovered it last week. who knew
Not like anyone's getting far with it, your jeeps a fire hazard *ba-da-tsk*
Old 06-07-2013, 02:09 AM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door

Originally Posted by SacXJguy
Not like anyone's getting far with it, your jeeps a fire hazard *ba-da-tsk*
it's also a rollover hazard, ticket magnet, death wobbling, over heating, beat to **** pile of junk right now

oh and it's also out of gas
Old 06-07-2013, 03:52 AM

Year: 98
Engine: 4.0 i6

Originally Posted by Atmos
it's also a rollover hazard, ticket magnet, death wobbling, over heating, beat to **** pile of junk right now

oh and it's also out of gas
That's good on the fuel pump lol
Old 06-07-2013, 08:33 AM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 95Cherokee
I have a LOUD alarm, (hooked up to a siren AND the horns), with an ignition kill of course. I also put the Club on every night.

My amp is under the drivers seat and chained and padlocked to the seat mount, my sub box is chained and padlocked to that black metal piece the spare tire sits on.

My hood is chained and padlocked from the inside on the latch, a DIY item I made up.

I superglued my small rubber radio antenna on because some scumbag stole it once.

My license plates have screws that require a special Allen wrench to remove.

I would love to have an alarm with a pager that sounds a siren inside my house so I can come running with my shotgun but no one has seen fit to invent that yet.
They have alarms with pagers that are on a keyfob. An alarm is only as good as the install. Most install companies put the alarm brain right under the dash, theives know this and can defeat and alarm that is not "stealth" installed in a VERY short amount of time. Security should also be layered. Steering wheel clubs don't do a whole lot, but will slow a thief down. There are also clutch clubs, boxing in the jeep with other cars, kill switches, among other things you can do that will slow a thief down. Time is their enemy, they want to be in and out as fast as possible.

Last edited by mr white; 06-07-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Quick Reply: XJ Security