Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

Will be selling our XJ in next few weeks..

Old 03-27-2017, 08:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Will be selling our XJ in next few weeks..

Well have not posted lately.. busy.. the XJ has gotten to the point it's time for it to be retired to offroading mostly and not a DD .. 320k miles on her.. 220 on engine... only 75- 80k on lift and bearings in engine.. but.. tranny noisy getting rust.. so anyway.. so instead of fixing her back up to get another 100k out of her.. I found another Cherokee.. but not an XJ... a ZJ.. 98 5.2L AWD 150k never abused or modified .. 800 bucks... blown trans.. found trans.. 60 bucks.. was rebuilt at some point.. got it in and dang.. what a sweet ride.... will post some pics in the grand cherokee section tomorrow after i wash her.. but I am one happy camper.. and she's black... like the XJ.. but mint inside but the headliner..
Peace out
Old 03-29-2017, 06:44 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0 Litre I6

Originally Posted by Hommersimpson
Well have not posted lately.. busy.. the XJ has gotten to the point it's time for it to be retired to offroading mostly and not a DD .. 320k miles on her.. 220 on engine... only 75- 80k on lift and bearings in engine.. but.. tranny noisy getting rust.. so anyway.. so instead of fixing her back up to get another 100k out of her.. I found another Cherokee.. but not an XJ... a ZJ.. 98 5.2L AWD 150k never abused or modified .. 800 bucks... blown trans.. found trans.. 60 bucks.. was rebuilt at some point.. got it in and dang.. what a sweet ride.... will post some pics in the grand cherokee section tomorrow after i wash her.. but I am one happy camper.. and she's black... like the XJ.. but mint inside but the headliner..
Peace out
good find. Leaving stock? Plans?
Old 03-29-2017, 07:00 PM
CF Veteran

Old 03-30-2017, 10:54 PM
CF Veteran

will be leaving pretty much stock.. as I fix and maintain her.. I will upgrade a few things.. control arms but keep it stock height ..maybe spruce up the outside with a few things roof rack.. brush guard.. moon visor. Will depend on what i luck across for cheap.. lol