Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

This is why people get punched in the face!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 12:40 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: '89
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 242
Angry This is why people get punched in the face!!!

How did your week go?!....Mine was swell!!!

So monday afternoon, I figured Ide travel into the city for a bit. Stopped by a buddies house to see what he was doing...but his GF had the ol' ball & chain on him haha.
So I took off...heading off to my next destination when there was this red dodge minivan...blocking pretty much the whole road. A pet peeve of mine is stupid drivers.
So I decided to squeeze thru what little space there was. I looked at the driver and it was some dumb wannabe ghetto "EDITED by MOD"
I actually managed to squeeze thru...except for my mirror nicking hers...just enough to just make a noise. Of course, her being the "EDITED by MOD" full of ignorance, that she is...takes off right after me, freaking out, honking like crazy. I pay no attention....cause if you act stupid, I believe you should get stupid back...

Anyways, she was so pissed that, she ran a stop sign following me, with a cop right behind her, LOL, which immediately pulled her over. I thought, HAHA stupid ! And continued driving....little did I know...the stupid , told the cop I hit & ran...so then the cop came after me...I explained her ignorant ways to them. So they understood. BUT, they impounded my Jeep anyways, claiming it was too "look" for proof of an accident. And I get arrested and process'd...nothing new to me tho
OBVIOUSLY they found NOTHING....

...So Im released...20 miles away from home...NOW WHAT?!?!
I had to wait around until another buddy of mine, got out of work, to give me a ride to the impound yard, which was closed when we got there....
My wallet was also in my Jeep...so I havent eaten anything...I was SO pissed, to say the least. FINALLY got my Jeep out THURSDAY!!!

OH YEAH! I also walked up & down the street, more than a few times, looking for a red caravan...but with no such luck...

Last edited by OverlandZJ; 04-10-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Should have used the censored icon
Old 04-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Registered Users

That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. Some people are just idiots.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2008
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 3.0L CRD

hmm... my mind is ablaze with ideas...

so, this lady chased you down, blew a stop sign, you got your jeep impounded, they found no evidence of you "touching" her van...

file a claim against her! the cops should have her info, they can track her down, and she could get screwed for a couple things. cops don't take to false accusations lightly, plus who knows if she got a citation for blowing the stop sign. only thing that may hinder that plan is: A) you explained to the cop her stupidity (depending on the information you gave them), and B) they could say that you didn't take any precautionary measures, i.e. honking the horn to signal you'd like to pass, ask her to move her van, or even calling the police to report an idiot driver blocking traffic.

that's defiantly a crap-sammie of a situation.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:14 PM

Year: 74
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 318

ironic. about a year ago a red caravan backed into me at walmart and then just she just drove away i even stood infront of her car.

i wonder :P
Old 04-10-2010, 01:41 PM
CF Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 2.5 4 cyl

if you find her, tint her windshield for her, ... with paint.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94
Engine: 4.0L

That wasnt a very good job of self censoring.. so it went bye-bye.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:39 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by DagBMX
hmm... my mind is ablaze with ideas...

so, this lady chased you down, blew a stop sign, you got your jeep impounded, they found no evidence of you "touching" her van...

file a claim against her! the cops should have her info, they can track her down, and she could get screwed for a couple things. cops don't take to false accusations lightly, plus who knows if she got a citation for blowing the stop sign. only thing that may hinder that plan is: A) you explained to the cop her stupidity (depending on the information you gave them), and B) they could say that you didn't take any precautionary measures, i.e. honking the horn to signal you'd like to pass, ask her to move her van, or even calling the police to report an idiot driver blocking traffic.

that's defiantly a crap-sammie of a situation.
I believe they did get her, for running the stop sign.
Anything more, I dont know.

Originally Posted by DJKnightmare
if you find her, tint her windshield for her, ... with paint.
OH! For sure! I'll tag her spot on my GPS, and think of something nice to give her.
Atleast something thats equal to my $131 impound cost.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:41 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by OverlandXJ
That wasnt a very good job of self censoring.. so it went bye-bye.
Sorry, bout that.
I did actually hold back pretty well though.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 92
Engine: 4.0

so you did a hit and run? and now you're complaining that you got caught for it?

you're the kind of driver i hate on the road. if you would have "nicked" my car i would have ran you down.

learn some self control
Old 04-10-2010, 06:47 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by N20jeep
so you did a hit and run? and now you're complaining that you got caught for it?

you're the kind of driver i hate on the road. if you would have "nicked" my car i would have ran you down.

learn some self control
So I take it, this must be your lame whiny-@ssed opinon.
Which is fine, because youre entitled to that.
Hmm, so I guess someone that accidently hits your vehicle, with their door when getting out and doesnt tell you, is a hit and run, as well...

You should get the sand out of your (EDIT by MOD). If you offroad at all, youde know not to put much care into the exterior, because its gonna get scratched, scraped, bumped & bashed at some point....and If you dont...go back to your mall

However...
If I broke someones mirror, then yes, I would agree, they have a reason to be upset, and I would have stopped and gladly replaced it, with a new one of their choosing.

And I bet your Jeeps name is also Princess too, isnt it...?

Im sorry, to the Mods. But if this guy is entitled to his opinion, so am I.

Last edited by OverlandZJ; 04-10-2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: abreviated female anatomy
Old 04-10-2010, 07:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by XJs-R-us

The difference is he shared an opinion without insults, this just cost you a warning.

Now i gotta go back and clean your last post. Disagree and argue in a manner suitable for a family friendly forum and you'll get along fine.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:21 PM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 I6

Bottom line from a legal stand point is you did hit her, and you did not stop when you should have. Even though there was no damage, you still made contact with another vehicle. Yes, she hogged the road, yes it is frustrating. I don't think your Jeep should have been impounded - by their logic of "looking for proof of an accident", her Caravan should have been [impounded] too. I'm sorry this happened to you, but next time stop. Before you make contact with an irate driver, call for a police officer to stand by as a peace officer. These ideas of "painting her windshield for her"...not a good idea. MDOP (Malicious Destruction of Property) is typically a felony if damage exceeds $1,000; in some states it is $500. Don't retaliate, it isn't worth it. Be safe, keep your cool, and if someone is driving like an idiot, call the police and report it.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 92
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by XJs-R-us
So I take it, this must be your lame whiny-@ssed opinon.
dont forget, you're the one who made this "whiny-assed" thread
Which is fine, because youre entitled to that.
Hmm, so I guess someone that accidently hits your vehicle, with their door when getting out and doesnt tell you, is a hit and run, as well...
no its not the same. and is a much more forgivable offense than your hit and run fit
You should get the sand out of your (EDIT by MOD). If you offroad at all, youde know not to put much care into the exterior, because its gonna get scratched, scraped, bumped & bashed at some point....and If you dont...go back to your mall
damaging your own vehicle offroad versus damaging someone elses on the road while driving is different. and if you cant figure that out, you need to have your license revoked.

However...
If I broke someones mirror, then yes, I would agree, they have a reason to be upset, and I would have stopped and gladly replaced it, with a new one of their choosing.

And I bet your Jeeps name is also Princess too, isnt it...?

i could be driving around in a $1000 beater and it wouldn't matter, if someone is willing to disrespect my property, then they will pay the price. whether it be by legal actions, or by me running some punk kid off the road for driving like a dumbass. your road rage fits are going to end up seriously hurting yourself or someone else one day.

you clearly have a lot of growing up to do, learn to accept responsibility for your actions. you should be grateful you got off so easy

Last edited by N20jeep; 04-10-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Seasoned Member

Engine: 4.0 high output, Alabama Cylinder head, 60mm bored TB

Was she in your lane? Should have hit her head on then BAM new jeep. People like that **** me off though. Find where she lives and throw a pumpkin through her living room window.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:06 PM

Engine: 4.0 I6

Originally Posted by jeepkid03
Was she in your lane? Should have hit her head on then BAM new jeep. People like that **** me off though. Find where she lives and throw a pumpkin through her living room window.

WHY? What good would this do? Throwing a pumpkin through a window? I'm guessing you're young, probably still in high school. I respect that, but c'mon, this isn't going to do any good. If he got caught doing this, he gets in trouble with law enforcement and nobody needs a record, or more added to their record. Don't even get me started on the hitting her head on comment...It is agreed that some people need to learn how to drive, but retaliation will do NO GOOD. Mods, I sugges this thread be locked before more hair-brained ideas are posted.

Last edited by firstime00XJ; 04-11-2010 at 12:33 AM.

Quick Reply: This is why people get punched in the face!!!