Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Why did YOU come here and then register?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.5
Thumbs up Why did YOU come here and then register?

I have been driving and modding Jeeps for 20+ years guys. I have owned CJs, fullsize J10, a couple fullsize Cherokees, 2 "small" Cherokees, 2 TJs, and a YJ.
At very on I fell in love with this brand and with the name "Jeep" came HUGE shop repair bills as we all know.

So,,, I read and read and read,,, then came the internet and with that came small "user groups" of dedicated owners like myself. As here,,we were from all corners of the States and every now and then we would get together and wrench, compare notes, and of course we would wheel. And break stuff.

We shared tips, mods and everything that is shared now, without putting each other or the "noobs" down just because they didn't know the things we had learned from years of driving and abusing these wonderful vehicles.

So now we jump to the present. Several of the better known and more "exclusive" forums out there it seems that bashing or "flaming" I guess ya call it. Has become the norm for these places making all but the experienced "wrench turner" feel very uncomfortable if not unwelcome.

Here I think I have found a place to research and NOT feel "afraid" if I want to ask a question. With all that said,, I really LIKE this place. The members I have had dealings with (buying and selling parts) have been real nice, informative and eager to help.

THIS is why I registered and will prolly become a regular contributor. The laid back atmosphere is a far cry from the others and I hope it continues in this positive way.

Kudos to the owners and the mods for a well run house

Old 10-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1998

Bewteen my mustang and my jeep I am a big forum guy. I actually am an admin to a very large car club in NY called New School Muscle..so when I bought my Xj I seached around for some good forums to help with tips and advice on the truck and wound up here. Seems like a very good site with a knowledgeable bunch of people who are always willing to help out.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:05 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 99
Engine: 4.0

I got on this forum because I Gita Cherokee and knew NOTHING about jeeps or any other vehicle for that matter. (don't think I even knew how to change the oil)... Next day I brought it home I was craving to learn more an get ideas. So I found this site and made an account, then forgot the name and passcode. Ha so I made this one and iv been here ever since, and learned SO much, thanks CF
Old 10-04-2012, 07:25 PM
CF Veteran

I've been on JF for years, but created an account here for the classifieds section in hope of finding another XJ after not having one for several years. Good thing I did because I got mine off here.

Stuck around because the XJ section on JF has gotten stale and old and it's pretty slow here lately.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:40 PM

Engine: 2.5

Originally Posted by Bluebyu
Bewteen my mustang and my jeep I am a big forum guy. I actually am an admin to a very large car club in NY called New School Muscle..so when I bought my Xj I seached around for some good forums to help with tips and advice on the truck and wound up here. Seems like a very good site with a knowledgeable bunch of people who are always willing to help out.
================================================== ==
That's cool,,
I also "admin" 2 sites,,,
one is http://cj7offroad.com/

And the other is a brand new one,,well 2 really
http://www.stricklychopped.com/index.html
and the forum for that site is
http://forum.ratchat.org/
These were built by me and maintained by me also.

I have found here just about everything I need except for the most exotic and expensive stuff. This house is more geared to the everyday user and I find this appealing.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:11 PM

Year: 2000

Because I bought a 2000 Cherokee and Forum's are the best source for info and entertainment.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L I6

Originally Posted by 96XJ2Door
So now we jump to the present. Several of the better known and more "exclusive" forums out there it seems that bashing or "flaming" I guess ya call it. Has become the norm for these places making all but the experienced "wrench turner" feel very uncomfortable if not unwelcome.
a norm for the internet since forums got going. It does take a talent to keep things in check and there is always more to be done then there is time and money to do it in. That is true for not just the forum, but our Jeeps too.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:13 PM
CF Veteran

Received 247 Likes on 206 Posts
Year: 1988
Engine: I6 4.0

I came here because I wanted a nice easy useable forum for my xj that had a vast amount of information. I practically registered right after I found this site and just scanning through the different threads
Old 10-05-2012, 12:27 AM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door

Originally Posted by motorcharge
I've been on JF for years, but created an account here for the classifieds section in hope of finding another XJ after not having one for several years. Good thing I did because I got mine off here.

Stuck around because the XJ section on JF has gotten stale and old and it's pretty slow here lately.
no offense, but dude I cannot take any of your comments seriously. I see Ron Swanson's face then try to read your comments and laugh because Ron Swanson is hilarious

ahah. I don't remember how I found this forum. probably just poking around google. started reading and immediately had questions, had to register to ask them
Old 10-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 I6

I found this forum researching my death wobble a few years back. I learned a lot just reading various threads and whatnot.
But I ultimately joined because some body was looking for wheel hub assemblies and I wanted to tell him where I got mine.
But I love this forum, it's what helped me through my issues. I'm on here pretty much first thing in the morning and after work.
Well of course, provided the misses is prepared to surrend her phone lol.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 AM
::Regional Moderator::

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1986
Engine: 2.8

This wasn't the first xj orientated forum I joined or that I'm on, but it's the one I use the most. I like the atmosphere here, everyone is chill, and tries to help each other out. The drama is kept to a minimum, at least from what I've witnessed (thanks Mods). I know CF catches flak from other forums, but when you get down to it, I can google any info I need if I can't find an answer here. However, you can't make the people on a forum decent and we have a lot of decent folk on here. Heck, everyone I've met from the forum thus far has been stand up.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:24 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0, comp cam, 99 intake, apn header, neon injectors, Thunderbolt 2.5" High Flow Cat

Well SOMEBODY had to come here and keep you *******s in line
Old 10-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Seasoned Member

Engine: 4.0L, sump guard, snorkel, LPG system, red and yellow top Optima batteries.

In Australia there are lots of Jeeps but not many Jeep enthusiasts and even less XJ enthusiasts.
I found this forum whilst looking for cheaper parts ($260 for a Chinese made waterpump and $800 for a radiator in a local shop made me sick and grumpy)
I signed on after 30 minutes of looking at the forum because it is well designed, well moderated and an absolute wealth of knowledge.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:31 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1993

I was asked to join back in the day.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:41 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 HO

I was googling "how to replace oil filter adapter (didnt know thats what it was called then) o-rings" on my GF's '93 XJ and this forum was the top link. after twenty min of reading through a few threads i realized not only did i love this forum (im also a member of SaabCentral) but thats when i decided for certain that i had to get an XJ for myself. a week later i picked up my '95, registered on here and have loved it, and my '95, ever since. I learned more about the awesome XJ here in the past year than i thought i would eVER learn!
Thanks mods/owners, this forum is excellent

Quick Reply: Why did YOU come here and then register?