Wheel and lift questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1988
Model: Cherokee
Engine: inline 6 4.0
Default Wheel and lift questions.

I'm driving with a set of Futura Enforcer Mt's on my jeep and they're at the point where I'm thinking of replacing them. The front ones are worn down pretty badly, and handling is beginning to suffer.

The thing is... I hear people talking about these things online all the time, but I can't find a single place that SELLS them online! I even went to a nearby pepboys (the place that supposedly sells them) and the guy told me he'd never heard of them! o.o

Anyone have any links or ideas about where I can pick up a set? I live out on Long Island in NY.

Secondly... I got my Jeep from a guy who drove it *hard*, and predictably, he didn't really keep it up all that well. The feel of it is that I need some lift kit love (or maybe a replacement kit). What should I do about it? ...I mean, what should I look at with the it to tell if it's really FUBARed? I *know* the rear leaf springs need to go... what else should I look for?

Also, how about replacing the kit entirely? I could use some advice on general pricing and which kits are good, low end ones, money being an issue atm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!