Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 01:22 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default what should i do?

ok well, my 4.5" lift showed up today, full leafs of course and im very happy and excited to see it, like a kid at christmas! but, I have a 2" skyjacker lift on my jeep right now, shackles and spacers, and (dont make fun of me, im a good mechanic and im putting this lift on myself) but, my mom payed for the 2" lift and for a shop to put it on, but the shop kept the stock shackles for my jeep, and now that I have this new lift, i need new stock shackles otherwise the backend will be jacked up 6.5"! I dont have the money for a SYE right now, so the Tcase drop will work for a while, but not at that lift. But should I call the shop that put it on (about an hour and a half away from my current location) and complain for them to ship them to me? Or are they allowed to keep them? or should I just drive about a half hour down the road and get a new set from quadratec?
Old 03-22-2010, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994

they shouldnt have kept them... CALL EM'
Old 03-22-2010, 02:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1997

they shouldn't have, but is it legal for them to keep them? I mean, yea i guess general public wouldnt want them or have a use for them, but I bought the jeep, which means i bought those shackles with them meaning i payed for them, I give them my jeep to install a lift and they keep the stock shackles that I payed for. Im just curious if there is any legal backup behind it because they are most likely just going to laugh at me
Old 03-22-2010, 02:44 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1989
Model: Comanche

Do you think they still have them. I highly doubt it. I would probably call them only because I cant afford to buy anything period. However, dont be angry if they say no or they dont have them. If you thought you might have wanted them again you should have told the shop to give you them back when you had it done.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0 sraight six

Well, legalities are different from state to state. I'd just call em and see if they still had them. If they do, ask if you can get em back. If not, personally I probably wouldn't make a big stink about it, what's done is done. This is why I always ask for my original parts back, unless it's a core charge or the like. Anyway, hope it works out for ya.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:11 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2001

Or what you can do is wait till you get the money for a SYE and once that happens and slap the 4.5" lift on with the 2" and you'll be set