Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 05:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Inline 6
Default USA made parts, where in the world can I find em?>

so i got amazing made chinese brake cylinders, well after a year...i sheared off the bleeder valve. so i got new ones from NAPA, theyre made in China as well. does anyone know where i can find American made brake cylinders for the jeep? american made parts in general too? morpar have em? dealership? i cant seem to find anyone online anywhere.

Thanks
Old 10-25-2013, 05:46 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1990
Engine: I6 4.0

Good question. I noticed this when I changed my turn signal and marker light housings. The original ones were made in USA but the cheap rockauto ones I bought were made in Taiwan. My Truck-Lite LEDs are made in USA
Old 10-25-2013, 05:49 PM
CF Veteran

Engine: Inline 6

Everything's made in god damn China, even carhartts are outsourcing and they advertise bout hard-working Americans...
Old 10-25-2013, 06:10 PM

Not only parts,very soon you going to have Kentucky Fried Chinese Chicken.
http://media.washtimes.com/media/ima...627c6597f6c02b
Old 10-25-2013, 08:07 PM
::CF Moderator::

Received 1,526 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

Thank you, Bill Clinton, for giving China "most favored nation trading status".
Old 10-25-2013, 08:31 PM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: My Jeep is a GMC

Originally Posted by rtralabama
does anyone know where i can find American made brake cylinders for the jeep?
Mayberry
Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 PM

you can pull some of the usa made parts from the junkyards.

other than that, your sol.

"standard" name bran parts are mostly assembled in usa from the boxes i have seen, probably the closest i have seen to usa made parts. for jeeps
Old 10-25-2013, 08:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

As much as I'd like to find and then offer nothing but American made products on my site....I simply can't do it.

American made goods are generally a lot more expensive to make and therefore they are harder to sell.

You (the consumer) drive internet and brick-n-mortor store sales. You demand low prices and will buy foreign made goods based on price alone.

I dropped Warn Winches from my website because they didn't sell. I kept my prices as low as possible (less than 2.5% profit per winch) and I never sold a single one.

I currently offer RVC Axle Shafts, a great American made product.....I've sold more to European buyers than to American buyers.

Look at Rigid Lights. Some Asian parts but assembled in the U.S.A......and you (the consumer) opt for cheap knock-off brands from China and other Asian countries. Take a look at any lighting thread and see how many times Harbor Freight or Wal-mart lights (both are pure Chinese junk) are hyped as being so much better because they are cheap.

I was going to add Ramsey winches to my site but changed my mind. They simply wouldn't sell.

A lot of the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the companies that move their production offshore. I'm all in favor of maximizing profits, but look where that's gotten us.

A lot of the blame falls on the shoulders of the consumer....you, me, and all our neighbors. We're all willing to sacrifice our countries workers for the sake of a few bucks.

Sadly it shows no signs of changing anytime soon.

Sorry for the mini-rant.

Carry on...and pay no attention to the disgruntled vendor behind the curtain.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1987
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: Renix 4.0

Originally Posted by SeriousOffroad
As much as I'd like to find and then offer nothing but American made products on my site....I simply can't do it.

American made goods are generally a lot more expensive to make and therefore they are harder to sell.

You (the consumer) drive internet and brick-n-mortor store sales. You demand low prices and will buy foreign made goods based on price alone.

I dropped Warn Winches from my website because they didn't sell. I kept my prices as low as possible (less than 2.5% profit per winch) and I never sold a single one.

I currently offer RVC Axle Shafts, a great American made product.....I've sold more to European buyers than to American buyers.

Look at Rigid Lights. Some Asian parts but assembled in the U.S.A......and you (the consumer) opt for cheap knock-off brands from China and other Asian countries. Take a look at any lighting thread and see how many times Harbor Freight or Wal-mart lights (both are pure Chinese junk) are hyped as being so much better because they are cheap.

I was going to add Ramsey winches to my site but changed my mind. They simply wouldn't sell.

A lot of the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the companies that move their production offshore. I'm all in favor of maximizing profits, but look where that's gotten us.

A lot of the blame falls on the shoulders of the consumer....you, me, and all our neighbors. We're all willing to sacrifice our countries workers for the sake of a few bucks.

Sorry for the mini-rant.

Makes sense. Everyone is to blame yet everyone wants to blame businesses.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:04 PM

i applaud that statement.. specially from a vendor.

america used to be a country of production.. sadly it has fallen to a country of consumerism
Old 10-25-2013, 09:39 PM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: My Jeep is a GMC

True that, when I last set foot in a Walmart it was 2005. I had received a gift card for Christmas from work and redeemed it for a hunting parka, made in you guessed it, China. I figure the Waltons (all four of them) will get along just fine without my contribution. As an aside for clothing check out Berne.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:03 AM

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by SeriousOffroad

Sorry for the mini-rant.

some of us do try, I do my best to buy only American parts for my Jeep, a vehicle as American as apple pie...is it cheap? no, but to me its worth supporting local vendors and USA suppliers if possible. Hell i dont even buy a single tool if its made overseas, that goes for snap on's blue point and craftsman evolve...

unfortunately there are things i just cant get American made anymore because of the entire issue.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:39 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I would tell you raybestos but even those are china made now.Your best bet for american made is grab a oem set from a junkyard and get a rebuild kit its like 10 bucks or so.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:24 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0

There was a time, not that long ago, when our homes were being foreclosed, our jobs were disappearing right before our eyes. It wasn't that long ago that some of us were struggling to put food on the table for our family or keep a roof over their heads. It's not that we were all being cheap just for the sake of saving a buck, some of us were on the verge of being homeless and when you need (not want) something and all you can afford is the Chinese-made alternative, you get that. Then the American-made company struggles because everyone is buying the much cheaper Chinese alternative and the problem compounds.

It wasn't a betrayal of our loyalty or patriotism, it was survival.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:10 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Its been a on going problem for years,In the late 80s early 90s companies slowly started going over seas for cheaper labor.Why pay us 12 or more bucks a hour plus all benefits vs some one in a sweat shop that makes 5 bucks a day.

Quick Reply: USA made parts, where in the world can I find em?>