Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 12:31 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999.
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0, I6
Default upset customer review

hello all i am posting this after being screwed by AGR performance steering in hope no one else will run into a similar issue.

ok so i am currently running an AGR performance gear box in my 99 xj it had a small leak coming from the input seal so i figured while im rebuilding my engine its a good time to pull the steering box and replace the seal. well based on an external inspection the seals seems to be the same as OEM replacment seals so i ordered a set up. after pulling the box apart to replace the seals it occurs to me that these are not OEM replacement seals. no big deal right? i can just call up AGR and have them send me some replacement seals or a rebuild kit right?

WRONG

upon calling AGR and talking to what i beleive was a sale rep they notify me that they do not sell rebuild kits or replacement parts, that no matter how big or small and issue your having with your gearbox the only way to fix it is to send it back to them for a $210 charge plus play shipping both ways. these didnt seem like very good customer service to me so i took it upon myself to say something well this is basically the response i received

"we dont offer replacement parts or rebuild kits and only fully rebuild any damaged box in order to keep the industry in our pocket. this allows us to keep many more returning customers then other companys as these customers are forced to either come back to us for a rebuild or go out and buy themselves another whole box"

i took it upon myself to stay calm and relaxed and no lose my temper bc at any rate i didnt forsee myself being able to get this issue sorted out in a cheaper manner. so i bit the bullet and sent them the box back as i really didnt want to drop another 500 on a new high performance box. im just shocked such a highly accounted for company can screw its customers so easily and not seem to really care in the end.

thanks for listening to me rant i just would rather not see fellow jeepers screwed like i was.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:36 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are here to make money.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:55 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999.
Engine: 4.0, I6

Originally Posted by mr white
They are here to make money.
which i totally understand, but selling rebuilt parts/kits will still make them money, in an industry that is more then 50% based off of this being someones hobby and by using there spare money. a money starved company will never be able to stay afloat in this industry with the current economic situation and still be able to keep customers happy. why im telling all of you this so you dont help keep a money greedy company who doesnt care about there customers happiness.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:19 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2001

Originally Posted by clayton3854
which i totally understand, but selling rebuilt parts/kits will still make them money, in an industry that is more then 50% based off of this being someones hobby and by using there spare money. a money starved company will never be able to stay afloat in this industry with the current economic situation and still be able to keep customers happy. why im telling all of you this so you dont help keep a money greedy company who doesnt care about there customers happiness.
I agree with you, for them not to offer assistance or rebuild kits, it forces their customers to go out & find a different supplier (if they exist). Granted it is their main goal to make money, but not at a huge expense like that to their customers.... Note to self.... don't purchase from them..... Most companies that I deal with in my "Hobbies", are more than helpful & are always willing to make things right or supply you with what you need to rebuild your project, not for free, to guarentee return business...