Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Turn signal problem solved!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Turn signal problem solved!

I am a new member, and new owner of a 96 Cherokee sport. After driving my, new to me jeep, a couple of weeks, the turn signals stopped working. I searched all of the web sites to find the possible cause. A lot of misinformation as to flashers, fuses, 95s different than 96s, early 96s different then late 96s, one flasher no two flashers, etc. Checked everything out to no avail. Decided to check the turn signal itself. Moved the tilt wheel to the lowest position, and signals worked. I guess there is a short in the steering column. Any way, sorry for the rambling. Problem solved. TC Red

Last edited by TC Red; 06-28-2017 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by TC Red
I am a new member, and new owner of a 96 Cherokee sport. After driving my, new to me jeep, a couple of weeks, the turn signals stopped working. I searched all of the web sites to find the possible cause. A lot of misinformation as to flashers, fuses, 95s different than 96s, early 96s different then late 96s, one flasher on two flashers, etc. Checked everything out to no avail. Decided to check the turn signal itself. Moved the tilt wheel to the lowest position, and signals worked. I guess there is a short in the steering column. Any way, sorry for the rambling. Problem solved. TC Red
Sooooo you didn't fix it then? Haha
Old 06-28-2017, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No , not fixed, but signal is working in lowered steering wheel position. I guess the problem is isolated to the connections in the signal mechanism on the column. Thanks for the correction. Any suggestions? New at this.