Need Some XJ guidance

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Need Some XJ guidance

I am currently struggling at continuing on with my XJ after spending thousands with replacing and upgrading parts. I feel that it might be time to let the ole girl go off to another home. But at the same time I drive other vehicles and do not get the joy that I get while driving my XJ.

At what point do you guys say sell it and move on? Am I just wasting money trying to build something that will never reach my expectations.

​​​​​​What I have on my mind non stop is a 5.3 swap with coil overs on all 4 corners something that is the ultimate outdoors rig.

What do you guys suggest build it or just buy a Silverado?
Old 06-27-2017, 04:29 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1992

I am way too far into my jeep to let it go for anything anyone would pay me for it. Mine isn't anything special, but the time and money i have put into it... I think someone would have to pay me for my sentimental attachment. Ask yourself this... Do you need a truck? Would it be more beneficial to you than the jeep would? If yes to both of those, it may be time to let go
Old 06-27-2017, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Guywitha92
I am way too far into my jeep to let it go for anything anyone would pay me for it. Mine isn't anything special, but the time and money i have put into it... I think someone would have to pay me for my sentimental attachment. Ask yourself this... Do you need a truck? Would it be more beneficial to you than the jeep would? If yes to both of those, it may be time to let go

​​​​​That's how I feel I am attached to this vehicle for some reason. Do I need a truck no it definitely would come in handy. But most the time im just strapping the stuff to the roof of the XJ or using it like a truck.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999

Why on earth would anyone want to swap an xj for something as atrocious as a silverado? lol haha.

honestly, I have my xj and a 2010 half ton and love my xj more. It does everything for me that my truck does except pull my 32 foot camper haha... building it and replacing the occasional part is half the love for me.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Martlor13
Why on earth would anyone want to swap an xj for something as atrocious as a silverado? lol haha.

honestly, I have my xj and a 2010 half ton and love my xj more. It does everything for me that my truck does except pull my 32 foot camper haha... building it and replacing the occasional part is half the love for me.
Well right now I am battling getting my A/c working in the middle of lovely Arizona summer. It just feels like I can not win fix one thing works great then breaks another after new A/c compressor, drier, Evap Core, Heater core, Expansion valve and blower motor the whole A/c-Heater control unit in the dash broke. Just at my wits end. Also need to start sourcing a whole dash because mine is falling apart! I just feel like parts that are not common or that are prone to breaking like the dash and other odds and ends are getting harder to find.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:31 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1992

I happen to know for a fact there's a guy up by you that parts out cherokees. Maybe look him up on craigslist and see if he has any spare dashes
Old 06-29-2017, 08:43 PM

Where is this man who parts out xjs?