Is this totally crazy?

Old 03-11-2011, 09:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: yes
Default Is this totally crazy?

Ever since the day I bought my Jeep, it was never racing material, rather sluggish in my opinion, Today all of a sudden it decides it's trying to qualify and be a nascar Jeep.....In the last week I put in a new battery, changed oil and filter and put in FI cleaner, I didn't notice anything right away, but filled up again this morning, could it be delay reaction or what.....OH, and it was actually right after I washed it and power washed off all the mud from underneath that it did this.

It was unreal, it thinks it's a freakin' rocket, what could have caused this?
Old 03-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Registered Users

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepgirl99
Ever since the day I bought my Jeep, it was never racing material, rather sluggish in my opinion, Today all of a sudden it decides it's trying to qualify and be a nascar Jeep.....In the last week I put in a new battery, changed oil and filter and put in FI cleaner, I didn't notice anything right away, but filled up again this morning, could it be delay reaction or what.....OH, and it was actually right after I washed it and power washed off all the mud from underneath that it did this.

It was unreal, it thinks it's a freakin' rocket, what could have caused this?
Its probably about to blow up haha. But on a serious note it could the combination of clean oil and clean fuel injectors, but I cant say I have ever had any thing like that happen to me.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: Used engine just put in less than 79kmiles onit jeepersCreepers 60mm TB, '99-'01 intake, BorlaHeader

It could. But it could also be the weather. Has it been humid lately and suddenly it changes to cool dryer air?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1989
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 4.o

My family and I race and we always notice a motor runs its best right before it blows up. Hope thats not your case.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:11 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 91 Limited

Clean system plus the weight reduction!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:19 PM
CF Veteran

never thought about that, it was really nice and spring like today, just kinda freaked me out, it's running so nice and smooth.

I bought it in November of last year so I haven't had it in anything other then winter.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:21 PM
CF Veteran

It only has 86K, I certainly hope it's not giving up on me....my last Jeep had just under 300K and was still running, not good, but running.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:26 PM

Engine: Used engine just put in less than 79kmiles onit jeepersCreepers 60mm TB, '99-'01 intake, BorlaHeader

never thought about that, it was really nice and spring like today, just kinda freaked me out, it's running so nice and smooth.

I bought it in November of last year so I haven't had it in anything other then winter.

Dry cold air is dense so to speak. It has more oxygen in it per cubic inch. So your engine sucking in air on days like that has more oxygen. More oxygen = a little more power. Its the idea behind the Cold air intake systems your read about on here. Only that day your jeep was acting frisky, mother nature gave your jeep a Cold air system.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:34 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by The Black
Dry cold air is dense so to speak. It has more oxygen in it per cubic inch. So your engine sucking in air on days like that has more oxygen. More oxygen = a little more power. Its the idea behind the Cold air intake systems your read about on here. Only that day your jeep was acting frisky, mother nature gave your jeep a Cold air system.

Nice! I like Frisky.....must have just been a good combination that made her feel good.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:04 PM

Nice! I like Frisky.....must have just been a good combination that made her feel good.
Frisky jeeps!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:12 PM
CF Veteran

Frisky jeeps!
Thinking about having an adventure tomorrow, got it all cleaned up today, looks like tomorrow it'll be all dirty again, there's a trail I've been wanting to take for a long time, and I think it's time....got my map and camera all ready.

Last edited by jeepgirl99; 03-12-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:34 PM

Jeep adventures are fun. I'am jealous of you and others here on CF who have awesome trials right out of there driveways. Here where I'am at it kinda flat and lots of trees, and it cost to much in gas to drive it out to some cool places in Tx. where I frequent. Take lots of pictures so our jeeps can live vicariously through your camera.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:44 PM

Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2L MPI V8 (318)

I don't think you're about to explode. Week before last, got an oil change, new oil filter, (Special high mileage oil, I'm at 238k), gave my jeep Vanessa new distributor and rotor, all new plugs and wires, ran fuel injector cleaner through her on top of two separate tanks of mid grade, and it's never run smoother or idled better. Not a freak occurrence! On a side note: Need to clean my TPS and throttle body soon, that'll help loads I'm betting too..
Old 03-12-2011, 12:02 AM
CF Veteran

Jeep adventures are fun. I'am jealous of you and others here on CF who have awesome trials right out of there driveways. Here where I'am at it kinda flat and lots of trees, and it cost to much in gas to drive it out to some cool places in Tx. where I frequent. Take lots of pictures so our jeeps can live vicariously through your camera.

You got it!
Old 03-12-2011, 12:04 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by CherokeeCountry
I don't think you're about to explode. Week before last, got an oil change, new oil filter, (Special high mileage oil, I'm at 238k), gave my jeep Vanessa new distributor and rotor, all new plugs and wires, ran fuel injector cleaner through her on top of two separate tanks of mid grade, and it's never run smoother or idled better. Not a freak occurrence! On a side note: Need to clean my TPS and throttle body soon, that'll help loads I'm betting too..

That's good to hear so I'm not crazy, hehehe
My son told me to use a certain kind of injector cleaner and I would be amazed....I am now!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is this totally crazy?