Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tinted Windows in the Jeep Today

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Tinted Windows in the Jeep Today

A look at the freshly tinted windows in my Jeep Cherokee!
Old 07-30-2016, 11:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: My Jeep is a GMC

My 2¢
"how much lighter the front windows are"
^
Helps to be able to see while driving.
May not look so cool, but getting t-boned by the dude that forgot to turn on their headlights ain't cool either.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:37 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Yup and forget about backing up a trailer at night with them rolled up or even using the inside mirror. The driver and passenger windows tinted that dark would get you a ticket in many places......and law enforcement loves them.
Old 07-31-2016, 12:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 190 Likes on 165 Posts
Model: Cherokee(XJ)

I think it looks good, I like dark tint and I have fairly dark tint and have yet to have problems.

Tinted Windows in the Jeep Today-image-4152049962.jpg

I have a small light on the rear to help with backing up to my trailer at night, also replaced my reverse lights with bright LED bulbs.
Old 07-31-2016, 12:15 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Fred/N0AZZ
law enforcement loves them.
Usually peeps with dark tint are paranoids or have some reason to fear LE, it's like throwing chum.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.6 I6

Originally Posted by Turbo X_J
Usually peeps with dark tint are paranoids or have some reason to fear LE, it's like throwing chum.
That sounds like something a cop would say.

I have dark tint so people don't see my tools, recovery gear, spare, and whatever else is in the back. It's a privacy thing not because I am afraid of police.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:17 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Here in the Peoples's Republic of New Jersey we cannot apply any aftermarket tint at all to the front door windows or windshield. (There are exemptions available for people with verified medical conditions.) However, there is no restriction on tinting back door windows or the rear window.

I've been thinking of getting the rear windows of my XJ tinted to cut down on solar gain during the summer. I'd want to fix the dead lines on the rear defroster first though.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:05 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Rambler65
Here in the Peoples's Republic of New Jersey we cannot apply any aftermarket tint at all to the front door windows or windshield. (There are exemptions available for people with verified medical conditions.) However, there is no restriction on tinting back door windows or the rear window. I've been thinking of getting the rear windows of my XJ tinted to cut down on solar gain during the summer. I'd want to fix the dead lines on the rear defroster first though.
we are allowed anything in the rear, 27 on the driver and passenger Windows and nothing on the front windshield. I have 18 in the back, 20 driver and passenger and 70 on the windshield.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:29 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by shooptube
I have dark tint so people don't see my tools, recovery gear, spare, and whatever else is in the back.
Don't be real surprised when you step outside and the tinted glass + stuff = gone.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 with all of the noise and clatter

Looks nice! Can't really see a difference from inside the vehicle, but looks good from the outside.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:49 PM

Don't be real surprised when you step outside and the tinted glass + stuff = gone.
Explain? You are telling me that I have a better of not getting broken I to if I don't have tint? You clearly never have heard of the word deterance...
Old 07-31-2016, 09:02 PM
CF Veteran

Personally I tinted my windows because of sensitive eyes and skin. Driving my parents cars with no tint hurts my eyes and my skin feels like it's on fire. Added bonuses are that it's slightly cooler after sitting in sun, "looks cool" and I can pick my nose without people seeing haha
Old 07-31-2016, 09:17 PM
CF Veteran

Trying to "hide" stuff from thieves just makes it that much more attractive to them.
Deterrence? I guess you've never heard of "the keys to the city"

In the end do what you like. If the sun is bugging on me I'll just stick with my good old Oakleys.

Last edited by Turbo X_J; 07-31-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by SatiricalHen
Personally I tinted my windows because of sensitive eyes and skin. Driving my parents cars with no tint hurts my eyes and my skin feels like it's on fire. Added bonuses are that it's slightly cooler after sitting in sun, "looks cool" and I can pick my nose without people seeing haha
Yeah leather seats plus tint is much nicer in the summer. Another reason I love my tint.

Trying to "hide" stuff from thieves just makes it that much more attractive to them.
Deterrence? I guess you've never heard of "the keys to the city"

In the end do what you like. If the sun is bugging on me I'll just stick with my good old Oakleys.
Whats your deal dude? First off, if they dont even know stuff is there, how is it attractive to them. Whats makes it any different than any other vehicle on the road with factory tint? With what you are saying, tint makes thieves jump for joy, so where are all the millions of limo break ins? Its pretty rare these days to see a completely tintless vehicle.

Also, if you throw a brick through my window at night, its less of a smash and grab, more planned. A thief, unless specifically targeting an individual, is looking for the path of least resistance. Why waste the chance at free stuff if it may be for nothing amd a risk of getting caught versus a vehicle where you can see all those tools clear as day through the untinted windows? Explain that please.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: '98
Engine: 4.0 I6

Lol, you literally have no idea what you are talking about.

Your solution must be to leave valuables within eyesight?

Window tint absolutely is a deterrent. If a thief walks by 2 cars, one has a backpack on the seat, and one is tinted with dark windows. He is 100% is going to steal what he knows he can get - the backpack. He isn't going to break into a car without really having a motive or any clue of what's inside.

I assume your next suggestion is to buy a Honda civic because they are less noticeable? My truck is definately modded, no doubt about it.

With no tint on the windows, I can't even leave an emergency jacket in my car because crackheads will steal it. Even with dark tint, it's obvious that I care about my vehicle and will inherently have something of value inside, but they don't have a clue because it's tinted really dark.

Suntek Ceramic 5% on the front two, and 25% or 18% layered over the stock dyed windows in the back. Matches really well, cant see **** in my cargo area even looking right into the windows. I could care less if it is a little less convenient backing up, makes literally no difference to me.

Other benefits include weirdos not being able to stare at me when I'm on the highway, so much more heat rejection it's crazy how cooler the interior stays, uv blocking (interior plastics), and being able to do naughty things in the back with complete privacy. Downsides are probably increased police attention but I have never ever had issues with dark tint (knock on wood).

I just need to do my windshield in 70% Ceramic but the damn thing won't last a year without a rock cracking it so it seems like a waste of money.

Just my $.02

Last edited by investinwaffles; 07-31-2016 at 10:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Tinted Windows in the Jeep Today