Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 07:40 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Third try at buying a New XJ

Finally set a day to go look at the cherokee i wanted to realize he sold it when the day came up so here i am at my third attempt of buying a cherokee

Heres the ad http://nh.craigslist.org/ctd/2849123663.html its only a se model that the only bad thing but the good it has low miles ad says 57k but it actually has 55k, its a 1 owner with zero rist originally from texas been there for 50k of it life. Also it was a company vehicle that was all highway miles clean title everything is good to go. I have the dealer at 4500 as of yet with still room to negotiate hoping to het it for 4200.

What im asking everyone on here would it seem like a good idea to you or what would you pay

The bad to me was its an se so no power windows or locks only am/fm radio(easy to fix that) and the "dummy" gauge cluster
Old 02-15-2012, 08:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door
Engine: 4.0

its hard to go wrong at 55k miles and that price
swoop it if you like it. thats all that matters
Old 02-15-2012, 08:49 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1997

Originally Posted by Erkmed XJ
The bad to me was its an se so no power windows or locks only am/fm radio(easy to fix that) and the "dummy" gauge cluster
Those are some pretty good places to start haggeling. It's rare to NOT have these destired options. No cruise would be a deal breaker for me. driver's seat looks pretty woren for having such low miles. Does it come with a carfax to verify mileage?

I've seen some very well equipted XJ's for that price, albeit with higher mileage. Sometimes low mileage is not a good thing- a vehicle not driven will tend to have dried out seals and gaskets. Check for recent maintainence and inspect it over well. In my state that would sell for about $3500 or less.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999

Originally Posted by Cherockee

Those are some pretty good places to start haggeling. It's rare to NOT have these destired options. No cruise would be a deal breaker for me. driver's seat looks pretty woren for having such low miles. Does it come with a carfax to verify mileage?

I've seen some very well equipted XJ's for that price, albeit with higher mileage. Sometimes low mileage is not a good thing- a vehicle not driven will tend to have dried out seals and gaskets. Check for recent maintainence and inspect it over well. In my state that would sell for about $3500 or less.
No cruise bc its an se model an yeah driver seat is worn but theyre fixing it before i get there tm its going to the shop early in the morning and i want a stock xj to build myself thats what makes it fun i did run a car fax and its actual milage amd what state r u in wish i were there haha and there was maintnance reviews some 100 od points were looked over at a dealership regularly