thank you thank you winston

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default thank you thank you winston

Well if you dont already know winston wrote a genius write up on replacing the front drivers seat with a passenger seat.
Well i jus finished it and OMG what a huge difference it makes.
i guess the factory support just didnt cut it because mine looked exactly like winstons old one.
Anyway i strongly recommend anyone that has that annoying lean to do this mod because it feels so much comfortable.
Just was so good i had to post it up....
Thank you winston again
Old 10-22-2009, 09:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996

Pics.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad to know that information was helpful to someone.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by winston427
Glad to know that information was helpful to someone.
yes it was. Alot of people dont even know we have a tech write up, so just trying to get the word out.

Pics? its the same thing as winstons, but ill try to get some tomorrow because it got dark.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:07 PM
CF Veteran

Someone else mentioned the idea of using the passenger side seat bottom quite some time ago. It never crossed my mind until I heard it so I tried it and thought it would be a good write up. I kept searching the jy for the correct drivers side seat with no luck. The passenger seat I found was a different color and was horribly stained. It looked and smelled as if it was used as a filter at the sewage plant. Needless to say I have to swap the covers.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:26 AM
CF Veteran

I am planning on doing that soon. The lean is starting to bother me. Although My plan is to use the passenger seat and just transfer it over (swapping the brackets of course)

I get the good seat darnit!!!!

Passenger can have the crappy leaning one until I replace it.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by NewXJaddict
I am planning on doing that soon. The lean is starting to bother me. Although My plan is to use the passenger seat and just transfer it over (swapping the brackets of course)

I get the good seat darnit!!!!

Passenger can have the crappy leaning one until I replace it.
yeah you could do that. you can jus take off the cushion dont need to switch off the brackets. but good mod though, feels so sexy now
Old 10-24-2009, 04:17 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by studmuffin
yeah you could do that. you can jus take off the cushion dont need to switch off the brackets. but good mod though, feels so sexy now

Ahh, yes I went back and looked at the build thread, much easier to just take off the cushion. I started almost right after I looked at it.

Both seat cushions off now, it started raining, will put them back on in a few minutes when it quits.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:57 PM

Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2 V8

I need to head to Pull-A-Part and do this myself. Mine's so far gone that I've got the rear seat folded down to brace it.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:25 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by JayP71
I need to head to Pull-A-Part and do this myself. Mine's so far gone that I've got the rear seat folded down to brace it.
Holy crap man!
Old 10-25-2009, 01:05 AM

Damn dude lol. Way to take it like a champ though. Well I recommend you fix it because I didn't know how important comfort was till I did this mod a realized I have been missing. It's not a drag no more to do little trips here and there because before it was a not of a hassle since I kept sliding off the damn thing. Let us now how it comes out. Both of you guys.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:06 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow what alot of trouble to go to, I just stuffed some fiberfill in mine and it's good as new, took 10 minutes.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:44 AM

I just call mine my "gangsta lean"; and no, thats a not a loan from a thug!

I have gotten used to it now though, and I could imagine if my wife got in the Heep with me and sat on that, she would flip. haha
Old 10-25-2009, 12:01 PM

Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2 V8

Originally Posted by studmuffin
Damn dude lol. Way to take it like a champ though. Well I recommend you fix it because I didn't know how important comfort was till I did this mod a realized I have been missing. It's not a drag no more to do little trips here and there because before it was a not of a hassle since I kept sliding off the damn thing. Let us now how it comes out. Both of you guys.
This thing was cheap...this kinda crap is the downside. Slowly getting this beast to where I want it. Now that I know I can do this, I will. I'd been looking for a whole new seat at the yard. Power seats in tan are hard to find in decent shape. Hopefully it's just that plate and not the seat frame that's broken.

Before I broke the jammed rear seat latch loose to fold the seat down it was like having a rocking chair for a driver's seat. Lean back during acceleration and lean forward stopping. I'm still chasing mechanical issues in this beast so it hasn't been a priority...until I found out via the write up that I can fix this for about $12.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:18 PM
CF Veteran

This thing was cheap...this kinda crap is the downside. Slowly getting this beast to where I want it. Now that I know I can do this, I will. I'd been looking for a whole new seat at the yard. Power seats in tan are hard to find in decent shape. Hopefully it's just that plate and not the seat frame that's broken.

Before I broke the jammed rear seat latch loose to fold the seat down it was like having a rocking chair for a driver's seat. Lean back during acceleration and lean forward stopping. I'm still chasing mechanical issues in this beast so it hasn't been a priority...until I found out via the write up that I can fix this for about $12.

If the back is moving like that then you have a different issue other than the seat pan cracks described in the write up I did. Do you have a 2 or 4 door because the main frame for the backrest is different because the 2 door seats have to lean forward for access to the rear seat.