Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Stuff

When I moved back to Spokane WA, to take care of my father, you could not walk into the garage because there was “Stuff” piled chest high from front to back. I am very **** about being able to get a car into the garage and still be able to get in and out of both sides.

According to George Carlin’s theory on “Stuff”, they do not make a big enough garage!

After working on the Jeep for the day, it came time to re-stow all the “Stuff” that got pulled out. I then realized I have come up with a lot of ways to circumvent my lack of space and budget.

I thought it might make an interesting thread to see what kind of “Creatively Engineered Solutions” people have come up with to accommodate for the lack of a big enough garage and an unlimited budget…

Seeing how my EX had a great yard sale while I was gone, one of the first things I needed was a roll around tool box (And Counseling to avoid Homicidal thoughts). Most of the time, I pull the Jeep out onto the driveway to work on it. If I have to make a parts run I better put all my tools inside or they won’t be here when I get back. Thanks to my great neighborhood, this is one of the creations I came up with…

Let’s see some of the creative things you have come up with to solve your garage issues…
Attached Images     
Old 11-11-2009, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Default Yard Sale Cast Offs

Gotta’ love it when people want to get rid of their "Junk". Picked up a couple yard sale leftovers along the curb today. An old video conferencing cabinet and a grease soaked adjustable shelving unit on wheels.

I stripped the equipment out of the cabinet, added 10GA extension cord with internal and external outlets and "Wa-La", A portable Mig welding cart...

Not sure what to use the rolling shelves for yet. I need some kind of cart for my cutting rig but Don't think that would be the best use for this... There are quite a few shopping carts in the neighborhood that just scream, "Modify Me!"

Yea, I know it's low rent but, saves money for Parts...

Let's see some of your creative ideas that you use in your shop...
Attached Images    
Old 11-11-2009, 07:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1988

Originally Posted by Cheap$200Jeep
Gotta’ love it when people want to get rid of their "Junk". Picked up a couple yard sale leftovers along the curb today. An old video conferencing cabinet and a grease soaked adjustable shelving unit on wheels.

I stripped the equipment out of the cabinet, added 10GA extension cord with internal and external outlets and "Wa-La", A portable Mig welding cart...

Not sure what to use the rolling shelves for yet. I need some kind of cart for my cutting rig but Don't think that would be the best use for this... There are quite a few shopping carts in the neighborhood that just scream, "Modify Me!"

Yea, I know it's low rent but, saves money for Parts...

That looks like it would work pretty good. Ours just gets thrown on the bench when not in use then drug out when we need it.