Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stock Cherokee Looking To upgrade (HELP!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Inline 6 4.0
Default Stock Cherokee Looking To upgrade (HELP!)

Ok guys so me and my dad are going to pick up a sweet mint condition black jeep cherokee sport tomorrow its a 2000 model and its four wheel drive. This is everything I plan on having done... 3 inch lift, aftermarket wheels, 31 inch tires, rack,stinger bumper. So here is all my questions. Who offers the cheapest suspension lift? what are some good wheels and tires, that are cheap but good quality? Also what are some good websites to purchase parts for my jeep. Im completely clueless on a lot of stuff so really any information you can give me on a 2000 jeep xj would be awesome! thanks a lot
- Jackson
Old 05-26-2012, 03:37 AM

Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0

EDIT: Turns out I shouldn't be trusted near computers around 4:30 AM. I didnt even answer your questions.

Check out Quadratec, Jeep4x4Center and 4wd. Rustys Off Road also has some great lift kits and bumpers. Here is some info about bastard packs, a quick search on the subject should yield more results. Lastly, car-part.com is helpful for looking for other parts you might want to harvest if anything goes sour.

Everything below is more go-fast stuff. I drive a 2wd myself, so offroading and lifts arent my specialty.

You could take out the fan clutch and install an electric fan. IIRC, you'll free up about 11 horses. I've heard good things about the fan kit offered at ffdynamics.com. And here's a thread about the kit. Personally, if I were to drop this kit in, I'd also install a beefier alternator, more amps to power the fans.

Swap in some 784 injectors, they have a four hole design that affords better atomization of fuel, resulting in (reportedly) better mpgs.

I've seen some home-brewed cold air intakes around here, directing an air tube to the cowl where air is colder. Don't slap on an ebay kit, those aren't any good. I'm a fan of Dukie's cowl setup here, and Spectre sells another neat one.

I've heard some recommend a bored throttle body, but throttle body spacers are apparently useless.

but do your own research before you throw money at it. Enjoy your new Jeep.

Last edited by BobIsAwesome; 05-26-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:53 AM

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 I6

you'll hear a lot of recommendations about suspension. and i pieced mine together from rough country and Rubicon express but theres also a bunch of others like zone and rusties if youre looking for cheap. higher up but obviously much better quality is bds deaver and such. some more useful links i use are

http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.com/

(^ vendor here on the forum here)

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/

(^this place has parts diagrams and a ton of stuff to compare and such)
Old 05-26-2012, 07:29 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Before you buy any lift search on here about the brand some brands are better then others.And check out the vendors on here a few can get you any part cheaper then most sites have listed that can add up for more parts lol.