Stager wheel setup..

Old 06-14-2011, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L6 Srt
Default Stager wheel setup..

Hello guys and gals,

Got a question for ya'll. I dont plan on lifting my xj and dont really do much off roading or mudding.. more or less a jeep speed theme going.. im thinking about doing a stagered wheel setup with 15x8 black rock 942 type d series wheel.. The four wheels will be the same size just with different backspacing in front and rear.. to give a better looking stance. In the back i wanna go with 4" bs which will bring it out just barely past the fender.. and up front i want the same look just past the fender.. the front of the j isnt as wide as the rear so im gonna need a different bs, to bring it in maybe 1/2 - 1 inch to line up with the fender..

What would be the pros and cons of this setup.. would i have any clearance issues with the steering?

Rotating tires i dont think would be much of an issue just swap from left to right.

would she handle any different?

Etc.. any input would great.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:49 PM

Engine: 4.0

IF you are going to try this which IMO it would just be a pain the front is wider than the rear so you would have to run like a 4" bs front wheels and 3.75" bs rear wheels.As far as rotating the tires side to side you shouldn't do that the tires get used to wearing in a certain rotation and changing that rotation can cause problems.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:21 AM

Engine: 4.0 L6 Srt

Originally Posted by fullwidth
IF you are going to try this which IMO it would just be a pain the front is wider than the rear so you would have to run like a 4" bs front wheels and 3.75" bs rear wheels.As far as rotating the tires side to side you shouldn't do that the tires get used to wearing in a certain rotation and changing that rotation can cause problems.
I explained the width of the wheels wrong.. you are correct that the front wheels/axle is wide than the rear, i was looking at it body/fender wise. IMO i dont like the look of the front wheels sticking out further than the rear. Looks funny when an xj doesnt have lift.

From what ive read and seen the 4" bs in for the rear would bring it just past the fender (correct me if im wrong). And to get the front which is about 1/2"-3/4" even with the fender im gonna need a deeper bs. Which in my opinion would be 4.5 or 4.75" of bs.

I know this may seem like a weird idea but it bothers me to look at the front sticking out further than the rear.. plus it gives it more of a hot rod look.