simple slider questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l 6
Default simple slider questions

i am hoping to get some rock sliders soon and i have a couple questions.
i have been looking at the JCR sliders any experience with how strong their mounting system is?? also they have three different stage sliders and was wonding should i go with the stage 1 with just the box tubing or is it worth the extra money to have the side tubing as well?? and is their much clearence difference in the stage 2 vs stage 3, the tubing straight out or slight angled up??
stage 1
http://www.jcroffroad.com/mm5/mercha...ct_Code=XJ-SL1

stage 2
http://www.jcroffroad.com/mm5/mercha...ct_Code=XJ-SL2

stage 3
http://www.jcroffroad.com/mm5/mercha...ct_Code=XJ-SL3
Old 06-04-2012, 12:04 PM
ck1
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0

I went with Ajs sliders and went with the equivilant of JCRs stage one. I did it because I wanted a kinda clean look and they work well..havent been in a tight spot where a boulder would have come close to my door yet...if you are going to be playing in large boulders or just want the look then go with the extra bar it will protect your doors a little better...
cameron
Old 06-04-2012, 12:12 PM

i dont like how much wider they look with the tubes.. but function before fashion
Old 06-04-2012, 12:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000

I have JCR stage 3 sliders. They are way worth the money. Trust me you want the side tube. It pushes you around rocks so you dont bash your doors/rockers/even windows from the side. The main body protects the Jeep from hits from underneath while the side tube protects the sides. The mounting is the way its suppose to be , they wont budge. They sit flat against the rocker where you mount them with bolts and then use 8 self tappers into the frame. There are a few holes in the frame near some of the mounting locations where I was able to reach in with pliers to use nuts and bolts instead of self tappers so thats a bonus also. Also the stage 3 help to slide onto small rocks and pull the Jeep through.. Go stage 3. I have a bunch of pics in my album where you could see how they look.

Last edited by helmut; 06-04-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:11 PM

I have JCR stage 3 sliders. They are way worth the money. Trust me you want the side tube. It pushes you around rocks so you dont bash your doors/rockers/even windows from the side. The main body protects the Jeep from hits from underneath while the side tube protects the sides. The mounting is the way its suppose to be , they wont budge. They sit flat against the rocker where you mount them with bolts and then use 8 self tappers into the frame. There are a few holes in the frame near some of the mounting locations where I was able to reach in with pliers to use nuts and bolts instead of self tappers so thats a bonus also. Also the stage 3 help to slide onto small rocks and pull the Jeep through.. Go stage 3. I have a bunch of pics in my album where you could see how they look.

thats exactly the answer i needed, hopefully i will be able to order some at the end of this week..btw i saw a pic of your jeep on google when i was deciding if i should cut and fold my rear quarter panels and your jeep looked so good i had to do it. and i am so glad i did, looks great, plus clearance
Old 06-04-2012, 02:54 PM

one more question. how long are they. my front fenders are cut to the top of the stock fender flare, and rear is just cut and folded. i just want to make sure that they wont be sticking out and rubbing my tire when i stuff them up to my fenders
Old 06-04-2012, 07:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000

Originally Posted by gsteeze
one more question. how long are they. my front fenders are cut to the top of the stock fender flare, and rear is just cut and folded. i just want to make sure that they wont be sticking out and rubbing my tire when i stuff them up to my fenders
They are 61 inches. They will not stick out as I have barely any flare left. Also you could move them back/forward a bit as you wish when mounting to fit your needs. Also aligning them to fit evenly beetwen the pinch seam and the framerail is a bit time consuming but hey thats not the sliders fault. They are straight as an arrow. Really the best quality product I have on my Jeep. I suggest mounting them to the pinchseam first, then to the framerail and then tightening the bolts, but thats just me.